1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Melinda Furtaw, Aug 7, 2019.

1. I joined this after a cousin told me about Flying High in Spirit. I lost my dad who had dementia last year. When he first passed, I felt like I was getting signs from him everywhere, right down to me going to a store and having no place in the parking lot to park, except right beside a van for the place that did the flowers for his funeral. Then, inside the store, an older gentleman walked up to me and said my dad’s line whenever he went to a garage sale, “you might just find the one thing you can’t live without.” What are the chances of that happening?!

Then my phone will randomly display lines from his favorite movies through Siri. That is what prompted my cousin to tell me about the book. I wrote on Facebook that my oldest son had said something and I asked if he was serious. My phone, Siri, chimed in and wrote, “I am serious and don’t call me Shirley.” I watched Airplane with my dad so many times!

I really thought I was crazy, or seeing things because I wanted them to mean something. This has given me hope. When my dad passed, a friend said it best, my dad was my person. I am married with children, but that never diminished the connection and love I had for my dad. So, thank you, everyone here, who helps me to better understand my dad is still around. There were different experiences leading up to his death that I hope to learn more about as well.

jobun likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :) I hope you'll want to stay.

3. jobun

jobun New Member

Melina, what an awesome experience you had with Siri and Dad!