1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Rassie, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Rassie

Rassie New Member

Hello from the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains of Northeast Georgia!

My name is Susan. For the sake of an unique username I am using my father's mountain name, Rassie.

My family has had paranormal experiences for several generations. For myself I experienced such events until my late teens, when my 'rationale thinking' took over.

In the past 7 years I have had a dramatic re-awakening which was initiated with my retirement from teaching to become a caregiver to both parents. Since that time I was with them during their transitions, and made a major move out of state (my first and only move). Things have been happening fast and furious, most notably ongoing communication with my parents.

It was directly after my mother's death that I heard a radio interview with Roberta Grimes, which led me to two major events, the Afterlife Conference two years ago, and a reading with Susanne Wilson.

I am still researching, learning, reading any and everything. To paraphrase my mother, I am not going to believe everything I read. However, I am having fun in experiencing the right information at the right time. And most certainly establishing new beliefs, yet knowing that my old beliefs were not too far astray.

My current goal is to continue strengthening my communication with my parents and spiritual team. However, I feel that they and I want me to do more. What that may be I am not totally certain.

I was happy to find this forum after reading about it in the book, Afterlife Communication.
    I look forward to exploring the forum, and hopefully sharing my experiences.

Susan

2. Lance

Lance New Member

Hello Susan, nice to meet you.
    Take care, Lance.

3. Rassie

Rassie New Member

Thank you, Lance!

Lance likes this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Rassie! I'm so glad you've found us! Are you coming to the 2017 AREI Symposium in Scottsdale Sept 15-17?

For Rassie, and for anyone who is interested, go to afterlifestudies.org for more information. This one is the biggest yet!

5. Rassie

Rassie New Member

Unfortunately, no.

I had scheduled trip to St. Lake City for genealogy research before I was aware of the conference.

If a symposium is scheduled for next year I will be there! The 2015 symposium was a life changing event for me. I had experienced major synchronicities before the trip that I was able to relate to Dr. Schwartz (who I had never heard of before the conference) to physically meeting Susanne Wilson, a true gem. I sat next to people who were experiencing the same things that were happening to me.

And I can't say enough about the workshop with Bruce Moen. It allowed me to experience my first reading.

The true gift I had been given was the realization that we are given the right information at the right time. It is up to our free will to accept that gift when it is given. Your radio interview was one of the links to my psychic/spiritual growth.

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  6. Lance

Lance New Member

Hi both,
    Have you ever thought of (or is it something for the future) to film the Symposium and any talks etc, for people who can't make it to the symposium, maybe you could charge for people to download or stream the conference. And fund could go to towards your Afterlife research??
    I would be very interested in this, as I have no other way to get to hear Sonia Rinaldi speak.
    Take care, Lance.

7. Rassie

Rassie New Member

What a wonderful idea, Lance.

I was disappointed when I found out they had scheduled a symposium this year that I would miss.

I certainly wouldn't mind paying to view the sessions online.

Though I will have to stress here that one of the most important thing for me was the interaction with the other attendees.

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Actually, we tried to film and stream 2015 but the contractor failed us. We have a better contractor this year, and I believe you will indeed have the opportunity to see some of those sessions at a later date.

9. Rassie

Rassie New Member

Wonderful! I do hope this will include Sonia Rinaldi's session!

10. Lance

Lance New Member

Brilliant news!! I will look forward to this.