1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cass, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Welcome to Afterlife forums. Good to see you here. Feel free to share anything. Everyone is always there to help you. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

2. Welcome to the forum, Cass, glad you're here.

On another note, I completely understand what you mean regarding attempting meditation. I typically have the same issues, of course it would help if I was more consistent. Vic seems to be one of our resident experts on meditation if you ever need some good insight on it.

3. Pinkroses

Pinkroses New Member

Hello and welcome! There is a lot of very interesting and useful information on this site. Enjoy! :)

4. cass

cass New Member

Andrew, after your reply i checked out Amazon and trawled through loads of tunes for meditation and listened to so many little snippets of them! I haven't bought any yet though!
    Thank you WWE LOVER and Jennie - Clint Eastwood always did look half asleep though!
    Fasaga, how lovely, nice to have stirred fond memories.
    Lol @ Roberta -then i feel honoured to have been graced with his presence.
    Thanks Matty, i shall keep on eye out for him.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

There is a lot of great stuff to buy there, for so many different purposes. Another thing that might help, besides guided meditation, is binaural beats. They audio tracks with different brain wave frequencies, that actually work to help your mind relax and enter a higher state of awareness. I find them helpful for meditative purposes. Just make sure you have the right waves for whatever you try to accomplish, otherwise you may not get the best results.

6. cass

cass New Member

Oh yes, i have a beautiful binaural beats cd, Eternity Within by Frank Danna, it's for expanded awareness. I used to listen to it with headphones, made my head very swirly but my son borrowed my headphones, broke them and i haven't got round to replacing them yet. I'm going to do that this week now. Do you have any recommendations?

7. Matty, Thank-you for your kind words. Cass, welcome. I am indeed a big advocate of meditation. Somewhere there is a thread where I describe one of my early experiences that got me hooked on meditation for the past 30 years. But I realize that is it not for everyone. The key is to practice daily for thirty days and simply accept whatever the experience brings, including sleep and the ever-present mind chatter. Hopefully within the 30-day period you'll get a breakthrough. Once you get one of those experiences you'll come back for more. If not, try something different, guided or group meditations, or walking meditations. Don't put pressure on yourself to achieve a certain state, let the 'state' take the responsibility to reveal Itself to you.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

8. cass

cass New Member

Thanks Vic, i do start with the best of intentions.......sleep and mind chatter, my two great obstacles! But yes, i will be having another try, my enthusiasm has been fired up again!

9. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Cass,
    Welcome and thank you for joining us here! In regards to meditation, i just cannot do it. My mind is constantly going! I think Heaven has cut me a little slack in this regard so I can still "hear" things! :)
    Carol

10. Welcome to the family, Cass. So many wonderful souls here ready and willing to help in any way possible.