1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cass, Jan 12, 2013.

1. cass

cass New Member

Just a quick intro.

I live in the West Midlands, UK. My interest in the afterlife started after my dad died in 1981, I frequented my local spiritualist church for many years but never really got any messages that meant anything to me, i couldn't understand how spirit giving me information from 60 years ago that i would never be able to verify was of any help! Asking spirit to give me more up to date stuff never got me anywhere either!

Even so, i am fascinated with spiritual 'stuff', i'm always checking out the NDERF site and reading various books and visiting different spiritual websites.

I like this one, it seems to have a good feel to it.

So, hopefully i'll be a frequent visitor.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Hi! I live in Mansfield and became a frequent forum contributor after a bereavement and a lot of searching.... I too haven't had the simple, clear evidence you've been seeking and have had to work hard and go down many paths to get where I am today - wherever that is!

Hope you find what you want here - check out a few of my other postings to see the direction I approach the 'spooks' stuff. ;) Maybe I'll have said something which catches your fancy?

3. Welcome to the forum cass :) Indeed, here you'll find very nice souls trying to help each other and sharing our experiences.

Cheers
    Wonderer

4. cass

cass New Member

Thanks mac and Wonderer - i'll definitely be having a read through of the posts on here. I think mac, i will find something here, i've noticed the very reasoned and well thought out responses to the members on here. Luckily for me, no question is too stupid to ask!

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Welcome to AfterlifeForums, dear Cass! We're glad that you've decided to join us!

I'm Andrew and I am one of the Administrators here. If you ever have any questions about or problems with this website, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to help you!

Have you ever tried meditation? A lot of Westerners have trouble with it, but it could help you to tune into the spiritual world. If you're looking for messages and guidance from Spirit, it might be a good place to search.

6. cass

cass New Member

Thanks Andrew. I did try meditation and i did have trouble with it! I either fell asleep or before i know it my mind had completely wandered off and it's several minutes before i've realised! I've tried guided meditation which i did do better with, i must try again.

7. Hi Cass and welcome to the forum, and thanks - I knew a Cass once many years ago, a wonderful, loving friendly person with fond memories attached which you have just resurected for me. :)

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

You're very welcome! I agree with you - guided meditation is often easier for me. If you are looking for a specific type of meditation, such as spirit guide connections or astral travel, try visiting either the iTunes Store or the Amazon MP3 Store. You can find a lot of great one-hour guided sessions there for just $0.99.

9. That's true. I've watched a lot of those spaghetti westerns with Clint Eastwood, and not once did I ever seen anyone meditate in them.

10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, dear Cass! We are delighted to have you in our family! And don't mind our beloved WWE LOVER - he graces with his silliness only those threads he likes best!