1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello to all on both sides

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Indy, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Does good karma bring leeway?

Bill Z likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

You have a choice - follow Buddhist teaching or the guidance of teachers less spiritually-prescriptive. In the philosophy that guides me there is no recently incarnate, Buddha-like teacher to be followed.

I see no way of reconciling the two approaches.

Kurt likes this.
  3. That's what I was hoping for. Or maybe karma sets limits on our length of stay on the other side but we can check out early if we like.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I think that if you check out early you can get some more good karma

5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I agree with all stated.

6. Actually that's the way it is on this side except that it's usually bad karma to check out early by committing suicide.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. Shaman Traveler

Shaman Traveler New Member

Hi Indy. I'm very sorry for your loss. Do you mean that she didn't leave a message after she died? In my belief she probably did leave a message although sometimes we don't notice them. Loved ones have a strong desire to let close ones know they're there. If you want to i can recommend that you look for certain signs. I've red that loved ones send signs to us and one of them is channeling their energy for a short while into animals and make the animal do something specific to prove that they are there like for example if its a butterfly it may fly right in front of your face or a bird may sit outside your window. Signs can be a great way for validation but sometimes you may not get or notice a sign but it doesn't mean she isn't there.

I have red that consulting mediums is one of neutrality in buddhism and that's great. I hope you will find your confirmation. Ever heard of James Van Praagh? He is a great medium. Check him out if you want. Wish you the best.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

In his opening posting indy wrote: "I just found out that my girlfriend from many years ago had died without leaving a message for me." That suggests she hadn't left him a message before her passing, not one after it....

On ALF there is a forum about signs and symbols but I didn't get the impression that indy was in any doubt about his girl friend's survival.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

"Karma" is a religious term, and the Buddhist view of reincarnation - that it is automatic and usually instantaneous - "turning on the wheel" - simply is not borne out by abundant and consistent evidence. In reality, nothing is so mechanical! And we generally enjoy a post-death Summerland until everyone we knew in this lifetime has transitioned and we have greeted them there, and we then have worked through with our guides what we will want to accomplish spiritually and we have planned our next lifetime.

All the religions that I have studied have some ideas that relate to what actually is true, but there is no religion that remotely gets it right!

Nirvana and Bill Z like this.
  10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I meant checking out early from the afterlife to come over here might be good. Is it so?