1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello there.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by cottontail, Jul 21, 2017.

1. cottontail

cottontail New Member

Hi there, I've been lurking around this site for a few months now and I figured I would finally create an account and say hello. I hope this post isn't to long or come off as bad/whiny. I hate making bad first impressions. Anyways, a little about myself and what I'm going through.

I am a twenty five year old person, going through an existential crisis with little hope for the future(largely in part due to clinical depression). Being driven mad but not just my own future death, but death in general. Terrorist attacks, murder, disease, famine, suicide, and injustice. I would classify my self as an empath.

I've decided to dedicate my life to the sciences, specifically health span and longevity research. Hopefully allowing people to live longer, healthier lives. Fighting age related diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and certain forms of cancer. I am currently working on my GED and academic upgrading for the chance to make it into university.

I am an atheist secular humanist trans-humanist*, I don't believe in a god(s), and until recently, I did not believe in an afterlife. I still don't, however I am now more skeptical of the possibility of an afterlife. I have been doing research on the paranormal, NDE's, OBE, and spirituality and I am a lot more open to the possibilities of the immaterial then I have been in the past. I have also witnessed some things that make me believe there is more to this world then meets the eye. I have and still am attempting to do things like past life regression, astral projection, trying to meet a spirit guide. I have had no luck yet, but I'm not giving up.

For example; I have this clock in my bedroom. It was my grandfathers clock. It has not had batteries in over ten years. But every once in awhile, it ticks. It's oddly comforting. I can't rationally explain it away either.

I worked in a place for seven years that has the nickname of "God's waiting room." Because most of our clients/members are old and unfortunately we have quite a few deaths there. Were I have felt and seen strange things. Glasses flying off of the racks, and I've felt like something was riding my back. When I was in there by myself I could swear I could hear conversations and laughing and glasses clinking despite me being the only person in the entire building. I can't rationally explain these things away either. Saying its just an overactive imagination doesn't quite cut it.

I want to believe that there is something after this short life, for the people that don't even get a full life especially.

What else, I keep seeing this recurring thing. In my research, and mentioned here quite frequently. That the spiritual energy of the planet needs to be raised. I see it on forums, I recently saw it mentioned in a documentary, afterlife discussions and I've heard it mentioned a few times in death cafes. Not sure what else to say about it.

That's about it, sorry for the long winded post. I didn't get everything I wanted in here but its long enough already and probably better saved for other topics. Looking forward to having discussions and stuff about the possibility of an afterlife here. :) I also have loads of questions, which I'll ask when it's right.

*Just in case for people that don't know. Trans-humanist means that I believe that technology and biology should merge or the betterment of humanity.

GGrannty likes this.
  2. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I can't explain any of my contacts and signs from the Afterlife but they are all very comforting as proof (to me) that my loved ones are STILL ALIVE & WELL. I'd go visit a few Mediums or Psychics to have a one to one talk with someone over in the Afterlife.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    cottontail likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Cottontail! It sounds as if you are off to a good start - I love it that you try to be open-minded! The evidence suggests that no anthropomorphic god of any sort exists, but rather that the only thing that exists is consciousness energy of which each of our minds is a part, so for you to be an atheist and researching afterlife-related topics and the greater reality in general is perfectly consistent. Don't hesitate to ask questions here, and happy reading!!

cottontail likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

cottontail,

If you don't mind me asking, what are "death cafes"?

5. cottontail

cottontail New Member

Thanks for the welcomes and stuff. :) <3
    @jimrich I've been tempted to go to a medium but I have no idea how to find a legitimate one. And thanks for the other advice.
    @RobertaGrimes Awesome ^^
    @bluebird Death cafes are meet up groups all over the place that meet up at cafe's and drink coffee and eat cake and openly discuss death, It's actually a pretty good experience to openly talk about it. Look up death cafes on google if your interested, there might be one in your area.

Sorry for the slow and abrupt reply, very busy last few days.

6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

cottontail,
    Ah, ok, Thank you for the information.

7. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I have found very honest and sincere Mediums at Spiritualist churches so you might find one where you live. google: "Spiritualist churches near me" or enter your zip-code. The fees are usually very small or even free. Good luck.........

cottontail likes this.