1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello New Friends

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Poppie, Apr 24, 2020.

1. I'm Poppie, it is so nice to get to know everyone. My interest in the afterlife has been steadily growing since I was a youngster. We were raised in a traditional protestant home. My Grandfather used to joke that we were in Church every time the door was open. I had a Sunday school teacher that soured me on organized religion somewhat. She was a good person & well meaning but refused to accept that her ideas & opinions could be incorrect. She would not entertain any other ideals or allow us to question any of her strongly held beliefs. One of her most controversial beliefs was that animals cannot go to heaven because they don't have souls. Growing up on a farm I have raised & loved many pets - dogs, cats, horses, even a pet lamb. Through the ensuing years that opinion has grated on my mind. Two years ago I lost my beautiful Westie girl, that heart wrenching loss sent me on a journey to learn the truth about pets in the afterlife. This brought me to Roberta Grimes and eventually to Mikey & Carol Morgan. I am now satisfied that I will see all my beautiful human AND animal family & friends again!! Learning more about the afterlife made me consider my own need for spiritual growth and that brought me here. I am very grateful to have this opportunity to grow & learn. Thanks so very much.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

Please take a look around the forums and threads in them to get a feel for what's been discussed in the past. If you don't find what you're looking for then why not consider starting a new thread and asking a couple of questions?

A search here for the keyword 'pets' brought the following 'hits' (click/tap the following link): Search Results for Query: pets | Afterlife Forums

Check out the threads you'll find there if you're still interested in the subject. :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  3. Thanks Mac. I do still have an interest in learning more about this. I have been looking at the items you suggested. There certainly is a lot of info on this site! Thanks again.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure - I'm pleased you found the information interesting. :)

There is indeed a lot of information on ALF, some going back many years. A search using the 'Advanced' feature may turn up material from way back when involving members who haven't been around ALF for many years.

For more about animals why not follow this link: http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/free-edition.3497/ where you'll find an external link to 'Psychic News', free to read and/or download this month.