1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello & Namaste

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Light&Feathers, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Hi, I have been on an incessant journey to learn about the afterlife since losing my son 20 months ago. I have consumed all the information possible (that time will allow) and also had 2 medium readings so far. I came across an interview of Roberta's on Youtube yesterday, which seems to sum up almost everything I've been looking for.
    In the last year I have went from being a complete, sold out, hard-core traditional christian to a totally different person. I would call myself a 'believer,' but in much more truth and awareness than religion could teach me, and am grateful for it. I don't think I would be here after losing Ethan to accidental overdose had I not started learning the truth.
    Ethan had been doing great, was expecting a baby, until he and his dad had a horrendous argument over something that was proven to be wrong [in Ethan's favor] the morning after he passed. He turned to what he knew to cope with the stress. One more time. His dad passed 5 weeks later, from guilt and grief.
    Three weeks ago my 96 year old grandpa passed, my daughter had a reading 2 days ago and he came through, as well as my son.
    I am excited to engage in some educational conversations about the afterlife as well as continue to learn more.

I have 3 kids, Ethan who is on the other side, he would be 26 now; and 2 daughters- 23 and 20. I have 3 grandsons, 4, 1, and a step gs who is 6. I'm no longer who I was, so I am trying to figure that out. I listen to a lot of videos and podcasts now, which keeps me going. I do still love the sun and sand. I like movies. But the rest, I don't know anymore. I work from home as a virtual business coordinator, organizing and setting up components like webdesign, social media accounts and other apps that help to run a business. It is hard to keep motivated now, deep down I love what I do, but that is covered up by thoughts of missing my son.

Bill Z likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Welcome to ALF but we're sorry you're here in such sad circumstances. As you've likely found, knowing something of survival can help you get through bereavement and grieving but doesn't stop you missing the one(s) who have passed over. You've learned a lot and made a great deal of progress. We hope being here on ALF's forum boards will also help you.

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Welcome to ALF. I hope you find some stuff here that helps you.

4. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Namaste L&F, you might want to check out the guided meditation from Craid Hogan. They really worked for me after I lost the love of my life.