1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello I'm new here

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Janny Do, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Janny Do

Janny Do New Member

hi everyone, I have been searching for somewhere to discuss this and hope I have come to the right place. I have recently lost two very special people in my life and to get comfort I have turned to You Tube to hear about people's near death experiences and experiences of the afterlife. As I'm sure you are aware You Tube can quickly lead you onto other things and I came cross someone who had a near death experience and ended up in hell. I had always believed that if there was a hell that was somewhere where bad people went, and I didn't need to think about it. I have been horrified to hear that good people who have done no wrong in there lives have found themselves in hell. I am so shocked that my all thoughts of one day having a calm peaceful exit from this life have long gone and I am now absolutely terrified of dying in case I find myself there for eternity. I would love to hear other people's view. Thank you.

2. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

One thing to keep in mind is that a near death experience isn't death, and may not be the most reliable means of finding out what actual death is like. I put greater weight on mediumship for that. Someone having an NDE may perhaps find themselves in a realm which is not at all the natural level to which they belong simply by the circumstances of the event. And just because a realm is unpleasant does not mean people are necessarily stuck there forever.

Also, there are some purported NDEs which I suspect are fakes, cooked up to conform to a preconceived theological position.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The Web can be a useful place for information but without context reading or viewing videos can be very misleading. Here on ALF you will find a different approach to death-and-what-follows. Gene's explained things well, particularly about how NDEs are not the same as death.

Why not take a look at some of the discussion threads to get a different flavor? And maybe you'd consider visiting a local Spiritualist church (https://www.snu.org.uk/Pages/Events/Category/churches) where you should find comfort and ressurance tthat there's nothing to fear in death. You will probably find the address of your nearest, along with a timetable, in your local rag under the 'Diary Dates' section. (or similar) You'd be made welcome and may find folk in similar situations and someone to talk to.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is any such place as "hell". I'm not sure if there's an afterlife at all, but if there is then I think that sometimes people who were unfortunately raised in a fear-based religion sometimes see what they expect to see when they die, though I don't think that misperception lasts long. Also, an NDE is not the same thing as death, so a person's perceptions during an NDE probably aren't quite accurate. Please try not to worry.

Also, I agree with what genewardsmith said: "...there are some purported NDEs which I suspect are fakes, cooked up to conform to a preconceived theological position."

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Since NDEs are not death, and what they include is largely pulled from the experiencers' minds, it may not surprise you to know that more than 10% of them are hellish. There is no hell, but people believe they are in one until they call out for help; then at once they are out of that illusion. Don't worry about it! No NDE is a real experience of the genuine afterlife, by definition!

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I found this to be true during the NDE I experienced. The realms were always changing, and I was very confused. I asked God, or whatever name you want to use, where I was and why wasn't I back in the world I was familiar with? He said I was or watching, by way of dreams I suppose, past lives I had lived, and the reason I wasn't back in the world I was familiar with was because I wouldn't awaken from the coma I was in. I wanted to wake up but whenever I was given the chance everything turned dark, and I was afraid, so I wouldn't wake up.

7. Janny Do

Janny Do New Member

Thank you so much for your responses. I am trying to be really selective about the things I listen to on the Internet, because I am very aware that I can get sucked in and believe everything in hear. I so want to believe in a wonderful afterlife where we are reunited with those that have passed before us, and where we have no worries, fears or anxieties.

8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

So, this is why I was seeing life in unfamiliar places. They were previous lives taken from my mind, weren't they? I never understood how the pictures I experienced manifested and seemed so real when my body was lying flat on a hospital bed! Were they manifested from the light of the eternal consciousness within me?
    I remember being lonely and bored, but I do not recall a hellish experience. When I grew too lonely or bored I remember crying out for rescue, and I immediately was removed from the scene. The only thing was, I thought I was alive on earth and I wasn't able to find my way back home (I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz), so I kept refusing to wake up. I thought that if I did wake up I would be in that strange land that I was experiencing at that present tme, and I didn't want that, because there's no place like home!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018