1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello from Cookie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Cookie, Dec 3, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Hello All,

I'm Cookie, a seventy-five year-0ld working engineer. Oh, perhaps I should tell you that I am a man, as my sobriquet, Cookie, is genderless. My engineering field is Information Assurance and I am working on an Army contract.

I have had two wives. My first, Joan Marie, died quite suddenly. My second, Jessica, took her time to die of Ovarian Cancer. I have one natural child, Heather, who has started a lovely family.

I grew up in an agnostic/atheistic family, sort of. I think there was a small belief in my mother of Christianity. Once she mentioned Jesus briefly and hung a ceramic plaque of Jesus on my bedroom wall, and then saw that it got moved when our family moved from my grandfather's house to our new house next door and then to our big house in the center of town.

Schooling. I was sent to the kindergarten at a Mrs. Salac's school at her home, where I had my first crush on her daughter Meredith. That ended after she complained to her mom that while washing my hands I was "gouging the soap"!!!

On to the Little Folk Farm school for first and second grades. I don't have much to say about it, so on to the town's public school for third and fourth grades. At this time I was sent to the Congregational Church's Sunday School, perhaps because it diagonally across an intersection where our house was situated, but more likely it was to add to my resumé later. My Dad had his mind set on sending me to a church-affiliated school. I think the reason was thaat his boss also sent his son to that same school.

Did, the exposure to Sunday School affect my spiritual/religious outlook? No, at that point I assumed that Science, the materialist kind, would explain everything. That mimicked the dominant view in my family.

2. Cookie

Cookie New Member

All,

Sorry for the abrupt end of my first post. I either didn't get or overlooked a warning how much space I had left. I will attempt to synopsize.

I was widowed for the second time in 2013, and started looking at streaming TV. I was already familiar with George Noory from his cameo appearances on the Ancient Aliens show, so I decided to watch his "Beyond Belief" show. It just so happened that his guest was Roberta Grimes. I was impressed, bought her book The Fun of Dying and here I am.

I'm here because I was convinced of the truth of what she wrote. It was sensible and straightforward, not full of mysteries such as virgin births, etc. Why wouldn't I believe life after life happens? I think the question almost answers itself.

Cookie

Monika likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Good to see you here Cookie - welcome to ALF. :)

4. Wow Cookie this sounds almost word for word what I just emailed Roberta last night ! I too found her from the George Noory interview on Gaia. Had I not already determined that George Noory was credible from my familiarity with him from Ancient Aliens I may not have not ever gave that interview a chance and would have scrolled right past it! My less enlightened mind would have chalked that up to a coincidence but knowing what I do now I am almost certain this was a nudge from my guides. It’s truly beautiful to see.

5. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Hello Shae91,

Not only is George Noory, he is a really nice guy and I forget just how Roberta put it but is the soul of integrity. I'm writing to invite you to take another step or two. These steps won't change your spiritual views, I think, but just may reinforce what you already have.

David Wilcock, a controversial fellow you probably have heard of, was a guest of George Noory's and somehow the topic of reincarnation came up. George remarked how David looked like Edgar Cayce and he even had a photograph of Cayce showing how their facial structures were remarkably similar. I believe it was the same show in which Wilcock's new show, Cosmic Disclosure, was mentioned. That show won't do anything for your spiritual life, but I found it interesting to learn of the Secret Space Program (SSP) as revealed by whistleblower Corey Goode. I brought this up because on occasion David would bring up this book, "The Book of Ra", because it corroborated a point just made by Corey.

I was intrigued so I looked it up. You could by the book, or you can read it for free by pointing your browser to <lawofone.info>. There you can find out what the Law of One is and many other facts about what's going on in the galaxy, a bit dated as the book was channelled in the 1981-83 time frame. But on a whole, it is astoundingly mind-blowing and entertaining. The source of the information is Ra, a sixth-density soul group whose mission is to raise the vibration level of Earth so that at the end of the age there will be a good harvest (ascension) of us third-density beings. They do tell us how to do it. A clue to that may be cleaned from their after session farewell, "I wish you love, light, peace, joy, and bid you well."

And so do I.

Cookie

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I hate to be a wet blanket but member Shae didn't visit again after mid December, shortly after she registered. :( I guess she didn't find anything here of interest. o_O

7. Cookie

Cookie New Member

mac, would it interest you if I said that Ra's message closely parallels Silver Birch's message?

Cookie

8. mac

mac Staff Member

I'd be heartened to learn that was the case because it's what I'd expect from anyone purporting to be a spiritually-advanced guide and/or teacher.

The truth doesn't vary from individual to individual so where there is significant variation between one or another one needs to consider why. ;) Which/whose benchmark is the one we expect others to be judged against?

I'm content to accept individual detail differences because these guys are after all individuals. How each expresses himself (it's rarely 'herself' - curious, eh?) will to some extent result in detail difference or emphasis I'd expect and accept.

9. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Admittedly I have not read much of SB's message, so the mere fact that I don't recall part of his message that treats our spiritual enemies as evidence that he never did. Ra certainly did. Here is a sample:

"Questioner: Then we have crusaders from Orion coming to this planet for mind control purposes. How do they do this?
    Ra: As all, they follow the Law of One observing free will. Contact is made with those who call. Those then upon the planetary sphere act much as do you to disseminate the attitudes and philosophy of their particular understanding of the Law of One which is service to self. These become the elite. Through these, the attempt begins to create a condition whereby the remainder of the planetary entities are enslaved by their own free will."

"Those who call" are us. "These become the elite." The elite are the Illuminati, the Bilderbergs, the Council on Foreign Relations, etc. An example of their proclamation to the rest of us is the Georgia Guidestones. This is where I see the Ra material truly valuable as well as extraordinarily fascinating.

Yours,

Cookie

10. mac

mac Staff Member

From the parts you've quoted, Cookie, there appears little similarity to Silver Birch's simple teachings. As with any seeker you should go with whatever appeals to your reason but as I wrote earlier, I'm not persuaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.