1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello from a sceptic

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by zilch, Jan 6, 2019.

1. zilch

zilch New Member

Hello, I am an irreligious sceptics and science-minded engineer. I joined this forum motivated by personal loss of my mother, and some of my own health issues. I think that there is a *lot* of abuse of science and lot of woo in afterlife research, but still have some hopes that maybe there is something more to it.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Welcome!

Can you clarify on the abuses of science and ‘woo’ of the afterlife that you believe exists?

*Edit*

Just realized this was the introduction section. Zilch, we would welcome your opinion in the numerous of forum sections that we have here.

3. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Hello there, and welcome.
    I am also a skeptic and science-minded individual in search of evidence towards the possibility of consciousness existing outside of the body.
    I haven't found conclusive evidence, I must confess... (moderated to leave welcome message)

I have recently lost my brother and my grandmother, both of which were very dear to me, so I can understand your loss and the grief that such an event causes. I'm very sorry to hear that, and I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

edit: Now you've been welcomed into the fold I've moved topic-related postings to a new thread in the 'Science' forum.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Convolution likes this.