1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello, everyone

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SueK, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SueK

SueK New Member

Hey there,

I'm Sue and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and also this site-- both the forums and the mothersite. The participants in this forum and the resources offered all seem like treasure chests of shared information.

I have a particular interest in what I call End Friends-- those from the other side who help with the transition of death.

Thank you for this wonderful offering.

-- Sue

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Sue! To share a bit of what I have learned, our deathbed visitors - those not in bodies who come to our bedsides - tend to be those that we will most completely trust, and the reason seems to be that once we are free of our bodies we will need to be lured away from our death scene so we won't risk becoming distracted, lowering our vibrations, and becoming stuck. Typically these deathbed visitors will be a spouse, a parent, a sibling, a pet, or any combination thereof. We have reports, too, of what appear to be upper-level light-beings or actual angels appearing at bedsides, and it seems to be the case that they are always facilitating the process of our transition. This hasn't been a particular interest of mine - what have you learned in your own investigations?

3. SueK

SueK New Member

Thank you for sharing what you've learned, Roberta. My "learning" on this topic has primarily been book learning. My own experience was quite literally "nothing" and yet has carried me for years: When my father died, he was in critical care and I was in a nearby hotel room working through a thorny problem. The problem suddenly resolved itself, and just as suddenly, a curtain of darkness came over me and I fell onto my bed into an instant deep sleep. I was awakened by the hospital calling to say my father had died. Though I remember nothing, I've always felt that I somehow "accompanied" him as he left this realm. (My one paranormal experience and I slept through it!) I've since learned about psychopomps and then this idea of deathbed visitors.

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

That's a lovely story, Sue! And it is not that unusual for those at deathbeds to join the person who has just died for a part of the journey - a shared out-of-body experience - until the living person is told that continuing further will result in death. Given the odd circumstances that you relate, it seems very likely to me that you did in fact join your father as he made his transition! You ought to read Raymond Moody's Glimpses of Eternity, in which he coined the term "Shared Deathbed Visions"

5. Skye

Skye New Member

A warm welcome, Sue. I witnessed a truly, magical and unforgettable experience the night before my father died, in a hospice. I was sat in a chair with many different thoughts coming into my head, mostly wishing his pain and suffering could be over. As I looked towards him, the sides of his bed became completely surrounded by a wonderful light of discarnate spirits. I instantly knew these spirits had come to him, preparing him for the next stage of life. They were all happy and it felt to me, as if they were celebrating his arrival in the afterlife. The vision eventually faded, possibly not lasting longer than a few seconds, however the memory of this time shall always remain deep within me. The following night, my father died in my arms. I felt more than privileged to have had the vision the night before, and although I cried, I knew he was alive and well and happy to be in the world where he now lived.

6. SueK

SueK New Member

Roberta: That's interesting that my experience wasn't unusual. I'm not surprised, but I haven't heard that before. That's one reason I'm so grateful for this forum-- a great resource. Thank you for the suggestion to read Moody; I will do that. My copies of The Fun of Dying and The Fun of Staying in Touch arrive Tuesday-- I'm looking forward to reading them.

Skye: Thank you for sharing your wonderful story! What a beautiful sight that must have been, and what a gift to you.

7. Sabrina S

Sabrina S New Member

Thank you SueK and Skye for sharing. It is such a gift for me to hear accounts from someone who's actually had the experience. I was at my grandmother's side when she passed,as she asked me to be and she had been unconscious for two days before she left. I didn't see anyone else but I did get a sense that she lingered for a little while so I stayed with her body, till they encouraged me to leave.
    At the time, I didn't know if that was the best thing to do or not but I am now sure that if it wasn't, she understood and was fine with it all. It is such a comfort to know that she and my Dad and all transitioned loved ones, mine and yours, are happier, wiser and no doubt more joyful where they are now.

8. Skye

Skye New Member

It's a pleasure to share my experiences, SueK. And yes, it was a beautiful sight.

9. Skye

Skye New Member

Sabrina, I'm confident your grandmother would have been happy with whatever decision you made at the time of her passing. Thank you for sharing your own experience with us here.

10. Jonathan Hallberg

Jonathan Hallberg New Member

Hi! I'm new too! Have a good day.