1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello and questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Aspie Spirit, Oct 30, 2013.

1. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

I had a similar experience like that once. I didn't feel alone at all. In fact I felt this strange connection to outer space, like I was part of it. Wonderful peace and euphoria. For that tiny moment everything was ok-no problems. Best I have ever felt in my life, but it happened only once. I am very grateful for it though. Was walking with my physical feel but I didn't feel my feet on the floor. Partial obe/vibrational state. Ever since then my body has felt clunky and cumbersome. This happened 26 years ago, and I still feel that way.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Aspie Spirit, welcome, and we're so glad that you've found us! Both my husband and my son are high-functioning Asperger's, people so I am very familiar with the wonderfully bright and complex folks who have chosen to live this lifetime with Asperger's. Dear friend, I'm sorry that you found some sites that seem to have taken most of their information from channeled, highly evolved beings, since in my experience such beings - however good their intentions might be - tend to speak in dry and clinical terms that are unnecessarily frightening. I have spent a half-century reading communications from the dead and trying to make sense of the greater reality in which we live, and I am confident based on my research that the following things are true:

1) We are all mind, and all part of one Mind. Nothing else whatsoever exists, but everything else that seems to be real is an artifact of Mind. A thought, essentially. So you aren't body, mind, and spirit (or whatever that website said). You are part of Mind. The rest doesn't matter.

2) Mind is infinite, all-encompassing love. It surprised me to find that the base creative force is so emotional, but it is emotional. What we think of as emotion is actually powerful energy. And the most powerful energy of all is love!

3) You are an eternal being. You never began, and you never will end. You are a precious, infinite, irreplaceable part of Mind.

4) You are never alone! Never. You always have at least one spirit guide in close contact, and probably a guardian angel as well (their job seems to be to keep us from physical harm). Perhaps really understanding that will help you a bit with your fear of being alone? I once had that fear as well, but as I really began to understand how reality works, I started to love being alone with my thoughts and my guides and my God.

Again, dear Aspie Spirit, we're so glad you're here!

3. janef

janef Moderator

Wow...Yes, connected to the universe and the comfort, peace and love was euphoric. I'm so happy to hear someone else that has been there...You are the first person I have known to have shared this experience. When I have told people they look at me like I'm crazy and dismiss it as a dream. But it was real, I wasn't asleep, mine lasted longer than a moment, wish I could remember it all.. there was a lot of info instantly.. like understanding everything with no unknowns.....then when I started coming back in my body I kept trying to stay out there. It left me with a vibration throughout my body for quite a few days. It was life changing..... I felt different, I had more insight about life, a little psychic, more understanding and compassion. I even stopped hating my ex-husband! lol... its true tho... I dont seem to have the ability to hate.

4. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

Thank you for your input. The fact you feel what I want my afterlife to be is what it will be for me is a reassuring thing, but may I ask why you say "so-called afterlife"? I know others have their own opinions of the afterlife but why say "so-called"?

5. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

With my experience I was writing something and the words seem to flow from me. I don't remember exactly what I wrote but they seemed like wise cosmic things. My body started vibrating and I started walking around, both shocked and elated at this feeling.. That's when I noticed that when I was walking it felt like my feet weren't touching the floor! I found out later that when you start walking around at the start of an obe it stops the process. I've almost no doubt that if I hadn't been walking around I probably would've had a full blown obe. But the peace-there wouldn't be hardly any problems in this world if everyone could feel the peace I felt. Haven't felt it since. The experience was completely unplanned and spontaneous. I had just finished reading Shirley MacClain's Out On a Limb plus a few other spiritual books. I guess it awakened something in me? It was nice to read about your experience. I have a sister who is into all kinds of metaphysical subjects and runs a business based on it. I mentioned it to her and she was gleeful. I mentioned it to my mom and she was like, that's nice but didn't understand. My mom is open to these types of things but I don't think she had an experience like that. Other people-forget it. They wouldn't understand. That's why I love spiritual forums like this. When you talk about this kind of stuff they don't think it's strange like other people do.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  6. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

Thank you for giving me this new bit of perspective. It's nice to know that even people like me can find significant other somewhere, which is what I would love to have. On another note, can you clarify a few things for me? You say that we are nothing but mind, and nothing else truly exists? So does that mean the me that I've come to know and like is not real? If I am eternal, with no beginning and end, then what was I before?

7. mac

mac Staff Member

What you see as being how I feel about the afterlife is simply what's been taught - I am only a self-appointed messenger forwarding (to the best of my small ability) the information communicated by guides and teachers in decades past. The notion of freewill is important. The choices you make after you have parted company with this world will determine how your 'new' life, the one that follows this one, will be structured. Naturally you will choose how you'd like it to be and provided your choices wouldn't negatively impact others' choices, that's how things will pan out. We have discussed and debated the situation here on this website in the past.

I can, though, claim that my use of the phrase 'so-called' was my own and deliberate, but consistent (I hope) with other aspects of guidance. When I say 'so-called afterlife' it's because I view all life as continuous - there's not really an afterlife or even a forelife. The one that follows (or precedes) the life we are presently experiencing is a different expression of life eternal.

Not so much an afterlife as another life.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

You posed your questions to Roberta but I don't see things in the way she does and I'll offer an alternative perspective.

When we speak of 'real' one might wish to know exactly what real means. Similarly with our being nothing but mind and there being nothing else - that's not the way it's been taught by other communicators and, I feel, considering matters in such a way makes an already difficult subject even harder.

On the last point, though, I can agree. We are eternal and we had no beginning in the sense we often use that word. The notion of eternal I find hard to grasp so I don't bother trying - there's plenty of other 'stuff' that's more rewarding in my view. Far easier (for this dumbo) just to accept we don't have a detailed explanation of how we came about and neither do we have one for the point when cessation of our being as individuals eventually comes to pass.

Those points are so far 'distant' from where/when we now are that there's likely nothing much we can understand of them.

9. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

What do you mean by that last part? Do you mean the thing I want, to still be me but part of a whole just like I am now, will fade away, and even though I don't want that to happen it won't matter anyway, because my wants are just a product of what I am now and nothing more?

10. mac

mac Staff Member

"Far easier (for this dumbo) just to accept we don't have a detailed explanation of how we came about and neither do we have one for the point when cessation of our being as individuals eventually comes to pass."

No, that's not what I wrote and not what I meant. This is what happens when points are taken out of context of the overall picture, something that happens often in threads. Quoting just the above sentence ignored important and related points.

Our return to source ("....cessation of our being") happens at the end of our odyssey, a journey beginning and ending at source or 'God' (or whatever word you choose to represent that notion) and encompassing everything we experience along the way. Your 'wants' right now are exactly that - they're what you want or think you'd like right now. With spiritual progression will come different perspectives and (we're told) sooner or later the urge to move even further forward. What will in time fade is your present wants and until then you'll remain in whatever state of progression you've achieved thus far.

You won't have to move on unless, and until, that 'time' is right for you so it won't be a situation where quote: "...even though I don't want that to happen it won't matter anyway."

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013