1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello and questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Aspie Spirit, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

This does make sense, and thank you. I can understand that all is not so simple, that everything cannot be so black and white, but it cannot also be just grey. This discussion and my own search has inspired, comforted, and puzzled me. But, it does help.

2. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

I looked up a bit on Silver Birch, and while it wasn't a fruitful find it did give me more understanding. I do find interest in some of these readings, and I appreciate it all.

For me, I still hope that if I am just one part of something bigger, it just means that I am an individual who is part of a whole, in the way that while I am my own being, I am still part of this existence.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

The ideas and words of Silver Birch may not be for you and perhaps the ideas of another teacher will work. As for your second sentence what you've written I can find not a single word to disagree with; it's exactly as I have come to understand life, life for us all.

4. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

That is what I love and want most of all. I know I am an individual, but I know I am not a separate singularity entirely. To let you know, while I may have Asperger's(which means I do prefer my solitude more often than human interaction, which can get uncomfortable for me), I suffer from Monophobia: A fear of being alone. The thought of having no one around me...to help me, care for me when weak, to comfort me when scared, to have no love at all...terrifies me more than anything in all known existence. I love having my family, friends, pets, etc. around me. That is what I want the afterlife to be. To still be me, just the way I can be me in the afterlife, and be around all that I love. I am me here, but I am also a human, an earthling, and anything else you can think that connects me to all this. I am a snowflake among other snowflakes. Not one other snowflake is like me, but we all still create a layer of snow on the ground.

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Aspie,

It's good that you have close relationships with your family, friends and pets. I want the afterlife to be much like you have described.

6. janef

janef Moderator

Aspie Spirit... I had an Out of Body Experience many years ago through a deep hypnotic state, and what I remember so well was the feeling of not being alone, feeling so much love and peace, and perfectness in every way... there were other revelations so clear to me at the time, but later could not remember them.

7. Aspie Spirit

Aspie Spirit New Member

Thank you for that, and I know about the love. I've read a few NDE stories. And while I'll have that love surrounding me, I'd rather be enjoying it with my loved ones then alone.

8. janef

janef Moderator

One of the things I do recall is that there is no seperation from our loved ones, and tho I didn't want to come back, I knew my children wouldn't understand that I was not gone. It was a life changing experience for me.

9. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I hope you're right about that, janef.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I have an interested layman's understanding of autism and Asperger's but monophobia is a condition I wasn't aware of. It's probably pointless to say this without context but I'll say it anyway. Such conditions are associated with the physical body and after our bodies have been discarded their frailties and many imperfections will not be experienced again unless one chooses another life in-the-body. Just one set of experiences unique to physical worlds and not found in the etheric.

On our return to the etheric we'll be able to adopt a life-pattern which will be right for us as individuals. Those who still prefer a measure of solitude will be able to choose that. If company is desired, like will naturally attract like. Neither of those situations is easily achievable in this physical world given its overcrowding and intermixing of individuals with greatly differing characters.

I once heard someone say we all want to be thought of as individuals but also to conform - I think that's equivalent to your snowflake analogy. What you have said you would like in the so-called afterlife is how it will be for you.