1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello, all

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by azspots, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Not sure what I hope to find here, other than those who maybe don't even know what they're looking for following a loved one's death. I found the love of my life passed away on our living room floor this past August from a heart attack. It shattered my heart, a million pieces kind of shatter. We were supposed to be married in Florida on 2/20/20. I will miss him until I draw my last. I have experienced things I cannot explain since his death and do believe he visits on occasion. I don't know if speaking with a medium would "work" to communicate with him....being without him is painful. We shared a love a lot of people dream of. We were only together 3 years, but, it was magical. We were both 58 when we met. Hope we will have our "forever" when I pass to the other side, not in a hurry mind you.....anyway, hello all.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :) I'm down I-10 south of PHX a ways.

I'm so sorry to hear your story and we hope you'll find here on ALF some insight into life, death and what follows. From what I'm writing you'll probably gather that I have no doubts that we do survive and live on elsewhere. But right now you are still in shock and deeply mourning your love and I'm guessing looking more for practical help than anything else.

You mention wondering about consulting with a medium. It's an evidential/spiritual medium you need to consult if you do decide on that path and it's a path I wouldn't hesitate in suggesting that it's worth trying. I have to caution that no medium can - or should - guarantee making contact but I still feel it's worth sitting to see what happens. Having said that it's often not easy to find someone here in AZ or in the rest of the US for that matter.

ps I preferred your earlier photo - I love Saguaros.

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

azspots,

My situation is somewhat similar to yours. If you do decide to consult with a medium, and if you are open to recommendations, I would suggest Janet Nohavec. I saw her, and while I cannot say for sure that she was communicating with my husband (I am agnostic regarding the possible existence of an afterlife), I do think she may have been, and at the very least I think she believed it (i.e., I don't think she's a fraud). She does readings in person and via phone. Cost is around $150, if I remember correctly. She usually has a long waiting time (as in, you'll probably have to make an appointment for 6 months from now). Here's her website: Janet Nohavec - Spiritual Medium