1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello all, my testimony to share with you

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by AustinS, Jun 22, 2017.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

And for everyone else, please understand that the fear-based teachings of traditional Christianity have been amply rebutted by the more recently dead, and also by the Lord Himself. I wish that it were not so! I used to love Christianity. I still do love it, actually. But Jesus says that by their fruits we will know them, and the sad fruits of modern mainstream Christianity are closed-minded people who don't even make a case for their beliefs but instead simply gloat at the prospect of people who challenge them going to hell. That kind of hatred-based treatment of others is the LAST thing the genuine Jesus would want from those who profess to follow Him!

2. isabel mcdonald

isabel mcdonald New Member

Hello Roberta, I posted something about a book I read about 25 years ago because I thought it was the best explanation I have ever heard as to the nature of God, now after this man I am getting worried, truly I wasn't preaching that's not my intention, so is it ok to mention the book?

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hi Isabel! It's fine to talk about theories that are based in some kind of evidence, of course. All that we object to is religious preaching that insists that whatever someone believes is correct and therefore everything else is wrong.

4. isabel mcdonald

Hello Roberta, that's a relief as I wouldn't dream of pushing any kind of religion, I spent most of my life searching for answers due to having many spiritual encounters, only to be made to feel that I was going to hell, took a lot of searching I truly believe in the Master Jesus just not religion. I am so enjoying this forum it has awoken a part of me which has been asleep for a long time, it was very interesting learning about people's take on suicide, I cant help but wonder where most of these people are, why they haven't came back to let others know

5. mac

mac Staff Member

If you mean you wonder where those people are who have deliberately ended their lives then my take on the matter is that they are where we'll all be heading after our incarnate lives are over. Or at least they will eventually be there. Why they haven't come back to let others know what happened to them is moot. There are a number of possibilities but I haven't heard definitive guidance on that subject so my ideas are simply that, my ideas.

Suicide is a subject about which there is more ignorance than knowledge, in my view.... :confused:

6. isabel mcdonald

Thank you Mac, I think we have a crossed wire I meant all the former members from 2012 who seems to have vanished, I was just saying that I hope they are ok.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I did wonder exactly who you'd been referring to but took a shot anyway. ;)

It's not only here though. Over my years online I've been a member of quite a few websites for long periods. On all of them many members have left who once were regular contributors. I know that some found what they personally needed and moved on, with no interest in, or need for, general conversations. Others appeared just to lose interest in survival and spiritual/afterlife subjects and they stopped posting. |Yet others died or became infirm and unable to write online.

I feel sure that the once-exciting forum format has lost its novelty and appeal yet some forum-structured websites still attract huge numbers of members with lots to say. So who knows why some do well and others just fade away?

Those who arrived here or went elsewhere with the specific need to try to understand about suicide might simply have found there are no concrete answers to what they seek. I've been around this stuff for well over thirty years and I have little confidence I understand what happens when someone ends their own life.

ps It's a whoopsie here now because we're referring to suicide which is a different thread altogether.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  8. isabel mcdonald