1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello all at Afterlife Forums!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Purple Dragonfly, May 12, 2016.

1. Purple Dragonfly

Purple Dragonfly New Member

So I've been a lurker here for quite some time. I started researching the Afterlife about a year or so ago during somewhat of an existential crisis and found my way here. I've read so many threads on the forum that I feel like I know some of you! Well, as well as you can "know" someone over an Internet forum.. ; )
    I love the dynamic here, so I thought it was time I joined. I've been sort of going it alone when it comes to all this Afterlife stuff, so it's nice knowing there's a place like this I can come to if I want to talk or bounce ideas off other people.
    The subject of the AfterLife has always been an important one to me... I lost my father quite suddenly and tragically when I was 13 so it's something that's been on my mind most of my life, but only recently did I seriously start my researching... I come from a big Italian family so naturally, I was brought up Roman Catholic. Even as a child, I knew religion was lacking! I questioned everything and something inside me just knew that it wasn't right. It wasn't until recent years as I've grown older that i started questioning my own existence and where and who we are in the grand scheme of things! I'm fascinated by the universe as a whole and I became really interested in astronomy. And the laws and physics that go along with it. When trying to wrap your head around the sheer enormity of it all, it's easy to start to feel insignificant! And then when you add loss and personal tragedy, your existential crisis ensues! So here I am! For the last year or so I've read everything I can get my hands on pertaining to life after death. What my mind has absorbed so far, and this includes a lot of the views on this forum, makes a lot more sense to me than religion ever did! And yet, the doubt always creeps in... It's always there, but at the same time there's a part of me that intuitively KNOWS that there's something more after this life. Like I'm looking forward to something, but I can't put my finger on it. So why do I get these nagging feelings of doubt? Why do I get to a point where I truly believe in an afterlife but then end up second guessing myself and my own experiences? I know it's only natural to have doubt sometimes, especially when dealing with the subject of the afterlife, where there's really no concrete scientific proof. I guess I'm just looking for some sort of reassurance from like minded seekers like myself..
    Sorry for making my first post a rambling one. If you made it through it, thanks for reading!;)

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

Hi Purple Dragonfly, I am exactly where you are.

I feel like I intuitively "know" there's an afterlife but I also get the feelings of doubt.

I'd also suggest paying more attention to your dreams, because it would make plenty of sense that they sometimes are the bridge between here and there.

3. Purple Dragonfly

Purple Dragonfly New Member

Hi Nirvana! Since I started studying the afterlife I actually have been paying a lot more attention to my dreams. In the course of my reading, ive come across a lot of information stating that we can get in touch and speak with guides/loved ones, etc while we're dreaming. Also that we "visit" the afterlife realms while we sleep, so I've definitely been trying to pay more attention! The problem is, I've always had a hard time remembering dreams... Maybe once in a great while, I'll have a really good vivid, memorable dream. But not that often.

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

Maybe try keeping a dream journal?

Just jot down whatever you remember of your dreams after waking up, and try it every day. It's supposed to make you better at dream recall. I should start doing this again myself. It sure has helped me achieve a few lucid dreams, at least.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Purple Dragonfly! We're delighted that you've joined us - there are many people here who will be happy to help answer your questions. To begin to help you answer a couple of them now:

1) The easiest way to banish your doubts is to steep yourself in the afterlife evidence. It sounds as if you're already doing that! In my experience, doubts seem to come from two sources: religions (oddly enough), and also the fact that we rely on our senses. If there is an afterlife, then where is it? I had doubts myself until I was able to figure that out! But please be patient, and continue to learn. You CAN come to an absolute certainty, with all doubts gone. Promise!

2) You can learn to work more actively with your spirit guides. We do travel astrally when we sleep, and on many nights we actually meet with our guides; for me and for others I know, those meetings happen in actual paneled conference rooms. I'm not psychic, but I learned early on that if I formed a question before I went to sleep, I would often find some sort of answer in my mind when I woke up. Or even if I didn't ask a question, often comments or directions would be there! If you pay attention, you will find that this tendency of your guides to leave ideas for you will become stronger. A reading with a medium who specializes in putting people in touch with their guides can be helpful - I recommend especially Susanne Wilson of Carefree, AZ (phone readings are best, so it doesn't matter where you live).

Dear, the fact that you are so interested now, and seeking, suggests that you may have come to a time in your life when you are supposed to be doing something in this area. You may very well be a part of the process of elevating the consciousness of this planet. So, welcome to the most important work in all of human history! And if you have questions or you need my help, you can contact me at robertagrimes.com.