1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Hello again everyone, it's been awhile!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Matty Mo, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Well, I've been away for about half a year as I've had a lot of things in my life I've been trying to take care of. Things seem to be trending upward so I've decided to revisit the site and become a regular contributor again to these boards since I know you all love(d) my insight, plus I've missed a lot of you great people as well. :)

Given this is the General Afterlife Discussion page I suppose I should add something else of substance instead of just announcing my grand return. I wanted to recommend a good book to the community if they haven't yet had a chance to read it. It's a work of fiction by Werner Voets called The Truth? A Paranormal Journey. Here's a brief synopsis that I borrowed from the description on Amazon -

"Eedoo’s day starts off like any other day, but then he gets a phone call that will change his life forever.
    His grandfather, Pépé, sends him on a quest to find The Truth – a series of texts which contain previously unknown wisdom and a treasure of invaluable information. During his pursuit he meets many interesting people who tell him exciting and intriguing stories. But what really fascinates him is the special gifts they possess. Because common sense and simplicity prevail in the texts Eedoo discovers he becomes more and more absorbed in them. But there are obstructions. Danger lurks. And things don’t always go according to plan. The Truth is a godsend for anybody on a quest for inner peace and offers new insights in ancient matters. It clarifies centuries-old ambiguities and contains the key to many spiritual mysteries."

In a nutshell the book details the writings of one man's grandfather that he received through his years of automatic writing from contacts with those who have passed. It's a shorter fiction work (243 pages) but it's very easy to read and has a great underlying message about what may lie beyond this life, known in this book as "The Truth". I felt it had a nice mix of spiritual thinking and a bit of suspense like a Dan Brown novel i.e. The Davinci Code. It's a good read and I recommend people check it out, I picked it up on my kindle at Amazon for under 6 bucks.

On another note, I'm also now reading a book by Dianne Collins called "Do You Quantum Think," which I was referred to from one of Roberta's great "Seek Reality" podcasts when she spoke with the author. Thanks Roberta, I'm only 25% into the book but it's supporting, and even changing, the way I look at the world. You all may have discussed it already given I've not been online for so long, but if not, I'd recommend you check that out as well.

Good to be back and hope to contribute more often in the near future. Now time to check the backlog of posts I've missed in my absence...

2. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

I wondered about you! Glad to see you back.

3. marmaladecat

marmaladecat Guest

Hi Matty Mo,

Thank you for sharing and welcome back to the forum. The book recommendations sound very interesting and topical. :)

4. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Yeah, good to "see" you again! :)
    Will check out your book recommendations; thank you!

5. Hi Matty,

Nice to see you back. If want a little entertainment, you'll have to catch up on our latest drama courtesy of new member Waller and his followers. Enjoy. Other than that, same old stuff here...

6. Well wonder no more, I'm back to spread some positivity and humor where I can. Thanks for welcoming me back.

Thanks Marmalade, I hope you have a chance to check them out sometime.

Thanks ravensgate, it's good to be back and communicating with great people like yourself as well. I'm hoping I can contribute now and then in between the other crazy and time-consuming moments of my life.:cool:

Thanks Vic, good to be back. What would this forum be like without drama? lol I'll have to delve a little deeper into these posts. You know you'll get little drama from me, no need for it in my opinion. BTW, I still think I have your book somewhere that I really need to read sometime. If not, you'll have to resend me the link.

7. janef

janef Moderator

Hello again Matty... I also enjoyed Roberta's interview with Dianne Collins on Quantum thinking. Maybe that is the #1 Rule. (Waller)
    Nice seeing you here again.

8. Thanks Janef.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome back, Matty Mo! Dianne Collins is so terrific, and her book is so great, that she will be on Seek Reality again in a few weeks. I've got to get busy and try to finish reading her book! My one concern is that her book is really too long. It's too much of a commitment for most people. Her ideas are important, and a quick summary-read version would get them much more attention! Other radio hosts who also have interviewed and loved her share my view, and we've been talking about which of us might perhaps be brave and offer her that suggestion! But it's a terrific and mind-bending book, Matty - thanks for mentioning it!

10. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Nice to see you back Matty-Mo! I was wondering what happened to you!
    Carol