1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Have all religions got it wrong?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by amina89, Apr 23, 2017.

1. amina89

amina89 Member

is there any religion that is closest to the reality as you know it/believe in?if so which one?

Kurt Cobain likes this.
  2. mac

mac helper Staff Member

Spiritualism/Spiritism

Kurt Cobain likes this.
  3. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Spiritualism. I searched for many years for a church where the beliefs were at least close to mine and finally found a small Spiritualist congregation in Pacific Heights in San Francisco a couple of years ago. As a child, I devoured books on ghosts and seances that had been written in the late 1800's, the heyday of the religion. I was so highly motivated to do so that I forced myself to read stilted Victorian prose at an adult level in elementary school. To finally be able to sit in a room with people who share my beliefs is wonderful.

Kurt Cobain likes this.
  4. Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain Member

So... if you would not mind me asking, what is the address? I might be able to attend in the next few years.

5. Widdershins3

It's at 1901 Franklin Street, a block up from Van Ness Ave. If you can come to a service, I'd love to meet up with you there. After the mediums have done their work, we all go upstairs in the old mansion and have coffee and desserts and socialize. It's a great way to meet like-minded people.

6. Widdershins3

Also, I'm not sure if linking to their website would be OK with the board rules, but if you google their name--Golden Gate Spiritualist Church--you can see the nice old mansion we meet in and read a bit about the founder, a gifted medium back in the teens and twenties.