1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Has anyone ever noticed the smell of someone that has died?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by annabanana87, Apr 27, 2015.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

That was interesting, Roberta - thanks for the explanation. It appeals to my reason... ;)

2. amina89

amina89 Member

I feel this smell from time to time when it comes to my grandmother,she died 11 years ago,maternal grandmother gave me her biggest sign 12 years after she passed as well(in a dream) ..she did visit me few months after death and then again 12 years later

i think they do not forget us,and keep showing sing,but maybe we move on and so they do too,but every now and then they will visit

3. Club Tropicana

Club Tropicana New Member

My mother claims to have reoccurringly smelled the distinct scent of my late great grandmother, I'm not sure if she still experiences this but I know at one point in her life she believes she was.

4. Ski

Ski

I had a great grandmother die, who I didn't know, and met one time when I was 18. Years later, I was in my living room...and everybody was gone for the day. I smelled this strong smell of perfume of flowers. It was strong, and in one spot. I believe it was her. I don't know why I think it is her, instincts maybe, but I've learned most of the time I'm right about my relatives.

5. tintoela

tintoela New Member

I often smell particular smells that I associate with certain people who have passed.

I think Roberta is right in that it is an easier sign for them to convey but I also think it is an easier sign for us to receive. We all have different levels of ability to recognise signs or contact from our loved ones. A sudden strong smell is harder to dismiss and I feel that when I have those moments, it's to catch my attention. Hope that makes sense.