1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Has anyone ever noticed the smell of someone that has died?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by annabanana87, Apr 27, 2015.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

And now he knows that YOU know and understand the sign he sent you. :) It must be lovely to know that.

Have you decided whether to move back to, or stay in, the UK?

2. Early days yet. My daughter wants me to come back so I'm looking at my options

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Is Brexit - today should be the day! - affecting your decision?

4. No, not at all. The whole Brexit thing has angered me because I feel that democracy has temporarily died in the UK. It doesn't matter what way you voted as it's the result that should be honoured. Politicians should be doing what their electorate voted for and leave deal or no deal. Negotiations can come later, when perhaps you have more bargaining power because the UK imports far more from Europe than it exports.

I have a new granddaughter and that is more what is swaying me to return. My grandmother always said that we are a short time on this earth and that we should enjoy it whilst we're here. I think she said some very wise words

5. mac

mac Staff Member

;):)

6. I have had a smell in my old house that I didn't actually associate with how my mum smelt or any of her perfumes but it was a really really strong scent of flowers, citrus and incense kind of smell. It had been a few months after her passing , my dad and I were sat in the dining room as usual , where we all mostly sat in the days , I was laid on the sofa my dad at the table and out of nowhere this overpowering smell was right in front of me. My dad smelt it at the exact same time and asked if I had just sprayed anything , the scent seemed to have come past him and straight to me , I sat up to say I hadn't sprayed anything and the smell was then right next to me on the sofa , you could physically walk in and out if the scent. If you stepped away it was gone, it was in one spot and moved from spot to spot round the room. Sometimes next to me sometimes next to my dad sometimes at the window, the chimney breast, kitchen. It was so strange how you could step in and out if it , it was no way like spraying a perfume or an aeresol can. Out neighbour came round a couple of hours later and asked what the scent was, without us mentioning it. The rest of the afternoon the scent dotted round the room from place to place. We had to go out to our horses and the scent was still in one spot on the sofa , when we returned a couple of hours later , the scent was by the chimney very faintly . It was gone in a few minutes after our return and we never , ever smelt that scent again anywhere in the house or anywhere else again. I can still remember how over the top sweet it was , and the lemon in with flowers smell , I'd definitely know it again. It was no special day or a day when we were feeling low in particular , it just came from nowhere and left again. My dad was a total non believer in anything spiritual or after life related , but even he couldn't find a way to explain this. We assume it was my mother but I suppose it could have been any spirit , maybe that's what the afterlife smells like , sweet , flowery ,fresh, or maybe they create their own scents from things they like. I would love to smell it again

Sarah Edmonds likes this.