1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever noticed the smell of someone that has died?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by annabanana87, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Cassie

Cassie New Member

I hope this is appropriate here - these accounts of scents remind me of something that happened to me several years ago. I was at my sisters house and her friend Mary, who is a healer, had arranged to give me a healing session. As there were several guests at the house we chose to do this in my bedroom and I went upstairs to make sure it was tidy! On entering there was an overwhelming smell of strong earthy tobacco. No-one in the house was smoking and the smell wasn't coming from outside, it was confined to my room. I left the window open to clear the air, but the smell persisted. My sister brought Mary up to my room and I said "I'm sorry, there's a strong smell in here!" My sister could smell it too. Then we noticed that Mary was grinning and looking sort of responsible. She told us that this often happens to her and the smell is due to her Native American guides - the smell of the peace pipe. After the most amazing healing session I've ever had the privilege to receive, the smell gradually dispersed. I did smell it twice again on very stressful occasions when others smelt it too.

2. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I do smell my fiance's perfume sometimes but She doesn't often communicate that way but I had a very interesting experience involving smell many years ago. I remember a past life as a confederate soldier in the civil war. I was shot in the chest and thrown off my horse and died. I have no empirical evidence of this just dreams, thoughts and impressions so maybe I'm out to lunch on this.
    Several years after I "remembered" that past life I was in a Reiki training seminar and lying on a table while one of trainers was working on me. He said there was a terrible stench coming from my chest. A little bit embarrassing to hear that. He said it was sulphur and my chest was open. I asked if it could be gunpowder and "remembered" the whole scenario of my death.

3. pandora97

pandora97 Member

That's amazing Bill!

Bill Z likes this.