1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Greetings- newbie looking for a few answers, and any feedback on this is welcome

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by alliemarie, Dec 31, 2011.

1. alliemarie

alliemarie New Member

Hi all! I didn't see an introduction forum, so I hope it's ok that I sort of introduce myself here. I have a question about afterlife connection. I welcome all opinions and feedback on this from anyone who knows for sure what is going on, or even has had similar experiences to mine.

First off, I'm Allie :) I'm 31, married, and for the past five days I've been going through a nightmare drug detox. My issues have involved prescription pills, nothing like coke or heroin, but bad addiction issues all the same. After going around in the same circle of addiction for years, I was forced (thanks to love and intervention of my family) to finally face my issues and stop the pills. I've been in the most discomfort (understatement but the word will work for my point) for the past week that I have EVER been in, but now I understand why it had to be done. Despite the fact that I have spent this week withdrawing cold-turkey off some bad pills (still feeling the symptoms though they have abated significantly), the mental clarity I have achieved is extraordinary. I never want to go back to where I was. I want to use this experience perhaps to help others, and look at ways to continue spiritually waking up. If ever I got a wake-up call from anything, this was it. And I have OD'd several times and lived to tell the story. There must be a reason for my survival.

I registered here because I am interested in learning more about how what we do here influences what happens after our physical lives end. Through it all I have never though about suicide once- I even literally tried to get myself to do it, and I couldn't. I have no interest in ending in my life here. I feel in my heart that it's just not time for me to go yet. Death used to scare the hell out of me. In addiction I didn't want to die, but I just didn't want to deal with living. Now, oddly enough, after living through the past week, it doesn't scare me anymore.

So I want some answers to the spiritual changes I've experienced over the past week. I need some knowledge over here. I think someone on the other side has been watching out for me.

Now on to my story- I'll it as brief as possible, I don't want to bore anyone. :p

I am sure most of you know what it's like to feel some sort of connection to a loved one who has passed on. In my life I have two of these connections- to my great-grandfather, who passed in the 1940s, and to his daughter, my grandmother (mom's mom) who passed in 1981 when I was around six months old. I have a few precious pictures of her holding me the one time she was able to be with me. She died three months later. I have always felt the spirits of my g-grandfather and grandmother around me. I have no doubt they have been with me through my entire life and are with me now. I look at pictures, remember them, chat with them and ask for guidance, etc. None of this bothers me and I consider it normal.

However, what if you also have the same sort of connection to someone whom you never knew and was never part of your family?

I'll try to keep this as to the point as possible- there is a man I know of only through photographs and through one movie that he was involved in, produced in 1972. He was primarily a stage actor. I first noticed him in 1994 at the age of 14, and I never could quite figure out why he stood out to me. He was alive at that time. It wasn't until a few years ago that I rediscovered him, and since then I've felt the same odd connection to him that I have felt with my deceased loved ones.

The man I am talking about passed in 1997 at the age of 69. He never married and had no children, so the information out there about him is almost nil. But I have a few photographs I look at and I'll watch his film every now and again.

I am puzzled by how I feel. I have learned everything I can about this man, made it a point to even care and be concerned for him even though his life is over. And I have no idea why. I have no personal or family connection to him, at least not that I know of. And yet I think of him often for no reason. I feel he knows this and has reached out for some reason. I am not bothered by these facts, just unsure why I feel this way.

I am not the least bit interested in celebrities, and it's not as if I go around developing little crushes on well-known people. I can guarantee you 99% of the world doesn't know about the individual I am talking about. His past career makes no difference to me- I'm connected to him, not what he once did with his life.

I am dying over here (not literally but you know what I mean) for feedback. Go for it, I can't wait to read what everyone has to say. Acknowledging this connection and my need for learning has been a whole new experience for me. And I am reallllllly sorry this post is so long.

**EDIT**

Ok, I think I should have posted this in the communication forum instead. Even so, I am going to leave this alone unless told to move it (or you move it instead). Sorry if I was in the wrong place.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Allie! Welcome to AfterlifeForums.com! We're glad you're here! I'm a moderator here so, if you want, I can move your post to the other section, but it doesn't really matter - I think.

It's great that you have been able to get to the point in recovery where you are now. There is afterlife evidence supporting that, not only are drugs bad for the body, but also potentially harmful to the spirit. They can weaken your spiritual defenses, making it easier to be possessed by other spirits. If you want, I can go into this process in more detail but, since you are recovering already, I don't think there is any need to (unless you're just curious).

I'm sure that it is no coincidence that you weren't killed when you over dosed in the past! There is a reason for everything. In fact, your arrival is opportune because Roberta Grimes, an afterlife expert and contributor here, has just started a new thread about how nothing is really a coincidence. You can view it here. Essentially, research shows us the following:

1. We all have a group of helpers:
    Each and every person in the world has a group of helpers in Spirit. They don't have bodies of course, but they are right here, watching over us. I hope that comforts you! Our helpers can be generally placed into three groups: spirit guides, angel guardians, and additional helpers.

Each person has at least one spirit guide, but some have more. Spirit guides work with us and try to help us learn and grow to our maximum potential. Our spirit guides are often deceased friends, or other eternal friends that we haven't met in this life.

Angel guardians help us by keeping us out of bodily harm, provided it is not our time to die. If we are ready to cross over, there is nothing really they can do but, if not, they'll work tirelessly to save you.

Additional helpers are other spiritual beings who will come in and out of our life to provide us with added help when we need it.

2. Our guides plan coincidences/miracles for us:
    Coincidences and miracles are planned for our benefit by our spirit guides. As for who is directly responsible for you're not dying from those overdoses - it's hard to tell exactly. It was probably intervention from your angel guardian. What is certain though is that it was not your time. You are here for a purpose!

3. Deceased Relatives:
    Deceased relatives, such as your great-grandfather, although dead, may be an important part our lives. Often, they can appear to children (often as what is known as "imaginary friends") and help them learn and grow. Perhaps this is why you two have an extraordinary connection? Yes though, you can absolutely have a connection with someone whom you've never really known in this life.

4. Deceased Man:
    I'm a bit confused. Are you thinking of a man whom you did meet on earth, or whom you've never met but knew of? If it is someone that you've met on earth, then know that they are watching out for you, even if you weren't that close on earth.

I hope this helps! I would recommend that you read The Fun of Dying by Roberta Grimes. It's a great introduction to the field of death.

3. alliemarie

alliemarie New Member

Andrew! Your response is so comforting and I thank you for it. In fact this entire forum has been a joy to read.

I am clear on everything you communicated, and I think you answered my question about the this individual (the man, not my relatives) with whom I feel a connection. You said:

"Yes though, you can absolutely have a connection with someone whom you've never really known in this life."

I've often been a skeptic, thinking this was all in my head, but I just cannot believe it's all a coincidence entirely. Which leads me to your mention of the thread on 'coincidences,' which I am off to read right now.

THANK YOU, Andrew, you have no idea how much I appreciate your response!!

By the way, I really hope that I can find this guy on the other side when it's my time to leave this life. He's been....and maybe he knows this....a true help and a comfort during this time. I don't know why. In my most tense moments, wishing I had a substance to ease this nightmare, as much as I love my living family, thinking of him has helped immensely. Something tells me he already knows this anyway, but when I get to the afterlife, I fully intend to seek him out and thank him in person!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm glad my response was comforting to you, dear Allie! If you truly want to meet this man on the other side, you will be able to find him. It doesn't matter if you know his name, or anything about it him, or not - you will be drawn to his energy. I think it is almost certain that he is watching over you and helping to guide you, so it is likely that he already knows how you feel.