1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Greetings from Stephen

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Stephfven, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Hello, my name is Stephen and ive always had an insatiable lust for existential thoughts, ever since I was 4 or so. Most of it stemming from the realization that is my own mortality. I've always done well, occasionally having fits of anxiety and dread, but soon suppressing it after. However, recently I've had it daily. Anxious fits, dread, panic attacks, etc. I know there is substantial evidence to not fear my nonexistence, but the what if always gets me. And it hurts because it's nearly impossible to beat a what if paranoia. No matter how much evidence what if always trumps it. My life is a struggle now, especially at night. The fear and nihilism always set in on inevitability. I just want to be alleviated of this nightmare. I've done some reading on these forums and its broughten me some comfort, but my doubts and fears still run rampant...

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Well hello there Stephen and welcome to the afterlife forum. I too have had quite a deal of anxiety about things especially regarding my reasoning for existence and other metaphysical/spiritual ‘worries’. Ive found this forum to be extremely helpful and food to my soul to alleviate those anxieties. Feel free to get your feet wet on the forum and browse around a bit. This forum is a safe haven for me whenever I feel the need to be reassured and uplifted about my reasoning of existence.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

Conversations about spiritual and afterlife issues, Stephen, may not be what you need to help you cope with your anxieties. We've had others similarly looking for answers when what they more likely need is professional help. You'll find here, however, many subjects concerning the website's primary focus of survival and the afterlife and if that's truly what you're looking for then look no further.