1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Greetings from New Orleans!

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by Left Behind, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Left Behind

Left Behind New Member

Mac invited me to join, so please feel free to hold him responsible for any misbehavior on my part.

Hello Everyone! Jim here. A New Orleans resident, as indicated. I've been a Spiritualist for seven years: ever since Spiritualism gave me the answers I was seeking, and a reason to go on, after the death of my beloved wife.

I'm an old-fashioned sort of Spiritualist: I like my Spiritualist spirits NEAT, without any mixers or chasers (Bartender, please hold the Buddhism, crystals, reincarnation, karma, ley lines, etc.) I've completed the Morris Pratt Educational Course -- I can highly recommend it. Am still sad about the demise of Two Worlds magazine. I'm not a medium but am a 100% - plus believer in mediumship. Also in ghosts.

What else? . . . let's see . . I have a dog and a few cats, am lazy, eat too much, and like to read the old-time horror tales (like H.P. Lovecraft) and detective stories (such as Sherlock Holmes, and Solar Pons).

Glad to be aboard!

Jim

Kurt, SashaS and Monika like this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Good to see you here, Jim - wasn't sure if you'd seen my message. :)

Kurt and Left Behind like this.
  3. Monika

Monika Active Member

Hej Jim :)

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Jim! As you will see, many of our members want just communication and validation of their loved ones' survival, and they don't want to think about other details, so you are in good company!

5. Left Behind

Left Behind New Member

That's good news, Roberta! Unfortunately, too many alleged Spiritualists and students of the afterlife seem more interested in the 'Psychic Faire' aspects than they do in evidential mediumship, or other evidence of survival after death. :-(

Kurt likes this.
  6. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Welcome Jim!