1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Greetings, Earthlings

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ed A., Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

Cool. That one is a little too pop for my tastes, but that's just me.

Here is something I've been listening to a lot lately. If you're willing to give it a go, I recommend you start listening at 2:30. It'll only take a minute.

It's a song about sexual abuse/trauma.

I love her voice.

"Some day I'll forgive."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    EminenceFront and Kurt like this.
  2. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

Suffering is also an important part of life (not just moments of contentment and strength).

We tend to avoid suffering, even in others, which is natural. However, suffering is where compassion and some our best lessons come from.

EminenceFront and Kurt like this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Yes teachers and guides widely seen as spiritually advanced have often taught that spiritual growth is greatly enhanced by difficulties and suffering in this dimension.

4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I miss this guy... I seriously wish I was around for him...

Well, music is a tradition here...

And he had some great songs.

5. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

Sorry but I heard no message or teaching in that song. It just seemed like a complaint with no solutions offered. The Megan Trainer tune [LIKE I'M GONNA LOSE YOU] offers both goals and methods for keeping and increasing love between partners. Not many songs offer that.
    Re: "We tend to avoid suffering, even in others, which is natural." IMO, it is not "natural" at all but is taught to us by our parents and others very early on to please our touchy culture and re-enforce cultural Denial. When little, we naturally know how to have our feelings and show empathy but are soon taught to repress or hide our "naturalness" in favor of cultural expectations and demands to avoid or minimize "suffering" in others and our selves.
    Re: "I enjoy afterlife studies, too. Jesus talked about bringing "good news." Afterlife studies are full of good news. They are a good antidote to the harsh or rigid teachings of organized religion. They are a good reminder of what is really important (so easy to forget)."
    For me, the most important thing in life is LOVE......Love of and for others, myself and the Divine - in whatever order I wish to place LOVE. Love alone is all that really matters and any form or expression of Love can take me to heaven or at least peace so I keep on doing or allowing Love whenever and wherever I can. I love LOVE.
    "There is indeed a genuine "I" (or a "You") that is who you truly are. It is eternal, perfect love" ~ Roberta Grimes

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Janet and pandora97 like this.
  6. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Agreed. I believe we'll all get to the afterlife whether we love well or not but I also believe that if we are looking for the key to spiritual advancement then love is the answer.

Janet, EminenceFront, SashaS and 3 others like this.
  7. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

Believe whatever you like but i KNOW that love is the answer. Believing is for children. Knowing is for everyone else.

Kurt and EminenceFront like this.
  8. EminenceFront

EminenceFront New Member

:)

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

80s music is great. I like the instrumentals and beat.

10. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Jim, I know it too. I just don't chose to shove things down people's throats and call them children.

I know you are emphatic about love. I am too. We are on the same page. No need to be insulting, please. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    bluebird likes this.