1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings, Earthlings

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Ed A., Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

I learned about the forum while reading Living High in Spirit, last night. It was a nice surprise to discover a forum where Roberta Grimes was involved. I had read the Fun of Dying (great title) and enjoyed her distinctions between positive and negative forms of Christianity, and the parallels between afterlife evidence and what Jesus taught. I'm still not entirely convinced about all of it, but I'm a skeptical sort, so that's just me. I did find a lot of it persuasive.

I spent 20 years of my life (13 to 35 or so) an atheist, but I found my way back to a belief in God through afterlife studies. It was Kenneth Ring's Heading Towards Omega that unlocked the doors for me. It showed me there was persuasive evidence of an afterlife and God. That led to many years of studying NDEs, Christianity, various forms of the paranormal, etc.

There is more to the story, but I want to be brief in my intro. I'll just say that 20 years later, I continue to be fascinated with afterlife studies. And that's why I'm here. I hope to become a regular, contributing member to the forum.

Rassie likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Flying High In Spirit

3. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Close enough.

4. mac

not for me

5. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. Host.

Let's hope the rest of the community are a little friendlier.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

We are happy to have you join us, Ed A.! And Mac is a bit fussy about things, but he has a heart of gold ;-)!

7. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Thanks, Roberta. I'll take your word for it.

I've enjoyed your books (The Fun of Dying, The Fun of Growing Forever*) and a couple of Youtube interviews I've seen. I admire how you devoted so much of your life to afterlife studies, and how you've followed that trail, even when it challenged your religion.

*edit: I forgot Liberating Jesus. That's a good one, too; I found it very thought-provoking.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Ed A., I wish I could say that it has been a sacrifice to have given my life to this work, but I truly and completely love what I do! I feel that I am in truth the luckiest person who ever has lived ;-).

9. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Yeah, you always seem to be smiling and enjoying yourself. Even your books have "Fun" in the title. I'm glad you've enjoyed it. I guess that means you're on the right path. :)

I enjoy afterlife studies, too. Jesus talked about bringing "good news." Afterlife studies are full of good news. They are a good antidote to the harsh or rigid teachings of organized religion. They are a good reminder of what is really important (so easy to forget). I also like how it up-levels my perspective, so I can get out of the ego drama.

Thank you for contributing to my growth and for welcoming me to the site.

10. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

My favorite new "reminder" of what's important is the song = LIKE I'M GONNA LOSE YOU ~ by Megan Trainor.

11. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Cool. That one is a little too pop for my tastes, but that's just me.

Here is something I've been listening to a lot lately. If you're willing to give it a go, I recommend you start listening at 2:30. It'll only take a minute.

It's a song about sexual abuse/trauma.

I love her voice.

"Some day I'll forgive."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  12. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Suffering is also an important part of life (not just moments of contentment and strength).

We tend to avoid suffering, even in others, which is natural. However, suffering is where compassion and some our best lessons come from.

13. mac

Yes teachers and guides widely seen as spiritually advanced have often taught that spiritual growth is greatly enhanced by difficulties and suffering in this dimension.