1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings and Questions

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Hyperaware, Jan 8, 2018.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

It is not what we see that is living. We are merely apparitions and so is everything else we detect with our physical senses. Who we truly are is ONE and that doesn't have free will. Why would it need it when it is mature enough to know how to conduct itself to manifest a peaceful habitat? How can the Source of Consciousness have a relationship with a separated perfected Source of Consciousness that already knows how to combine all of the infinite frequencies in order to manifest a peaceful environment? It would be dull and things would be robotic, so the Highest Source manifested "material" and visible bodies to house Itself so the "material" being could be nurtured to maturity, and the " material" beings have an eternity to grow and mature.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm going to back out of this discussion, as I really don't think you're responding to what I'm asking, though I think you may think you are. Or I'm missing some connection you may be making, but either way this isn't productive, in my opinion.

Amore, pandora97 and lovehim like this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

According to those that we used to think were dead, we do indeed have free will; but the evidence suggests that our powerful eternal minds - the part we left behind when we came to earth - may actually be where our decisions are made. Scientists believe they can prove that we have no free will, because repeatedly when they test our decision-making process our body has started to move before the mind first consciously registers our decision to move! How creepy is that?! But the reason seems to be that the actual decision is made by the 90+% of our minds that we leave behind when we come into bodies, and it communicates its decision at the same time to our body (which begins to move) and our mind (which says, "I'm moving!"). Apparently the process of speaking the words takes a micro-instant longer. Easy to explain when you understand what actually is true, but impossible to explain if - like modern mainstream science - your field is mired in the false dogma of materialism.

Amore likes this.
  4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

You don't have to reply to this since you wanted to discontinue the discussion, but I don't just believe, but I know we have free will. I have the free will to transform the thoughts in my mind that make this body go and do the things I desire it to do and to respond to situations and people the I want it to.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Here again, dear friends, it depends on the level of our minds where the decision is made. We don't have conscious access to most of our eternal minds while we are in bodies (scientists call this aspect of us our "subconscious," but actually it is our "superconscious"). Since there is mounting evidence that we make these decisions using parts of our minds that we don't consciously access, then we do indeed have free will!

pandora97 and kim marine like this.
  6. Amore

Amore Member

Over in the nderf forum and in their collection of nde's I have read this many times. You are certainly not the only one who feels it is too much, too overwhelming. I remember one nde account where (after the nde) the person eventually asked their higher self if they can somehow "turn it down" or make them less sensitive because she was barely able to function with all the information and images and knowledge that she was aware of all the time. And it worked. She felt less "flooded" from then on. Sorry I can't provide a link because I've read 100s if not 1000s of nde over time.

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Amore, Read the last line in the 1st post of the 'Illusion?' thread found in the 'Spiritual Growth & Development' forum. Read the whole Post that Mac wrote, but the last line is enriching for the soul.