1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Greetings again!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jesse85uk, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Jesse85uk

Jesse85uk New Member

Hi all,

Been away from this forum for a long time and just wanted to say hello :)

It's nice to see a lot of the familiar posters still here (Mac, Celera, Bluebird..etc.).

I've decided to re-visit as I've been thinking a lot more about the subject of death/the afterlife...etc. recently since the death of my father 3 weeks ago. He wasn't in the best of health, but his death still came as a bit of shock.

Since my first visit here over a year ago, I've spent a lot of time thinking about "life" and have strived to expand my understanding on various topics and investigating the possibilty of a so called afterlife.

While I cannot say that I'm 100% certain of anything - I would say that based on everything I have thought about, researched and studied - I think the concept of an afterlife is entirely logical and as Roberta mentioned in her book (the book which kind of got me started on this journey) - there is an abundance of evidence to suggest that consciousness is fundamental not matter.

I won't waffle on too much, but I just wanted to stop by and thank you all. I'm not sure what original drove me to this site in the first place, but ever since my first visit here I have been on quite a journey of discovery and learned many new things.

I still remain skeptical about certain ideas (which I think is healthy as it keeps you "open") but am a much happier person in general.

I wish you all the best :)

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Hi Jesse, and welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about the death of your father, but glad you are doing well in your life generally.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It's wonderful to see you, Jesse! Big hug!!