1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

getting through

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Aug 14, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't often read books but my wife had bought one recently and suggested I might like it. It's 'Once More We Saw Stars' by Jayson Greene and tells his and his wife's story after their 2 year old was critically injured in a freak accident. The child died and as you might expect they were left devastated.

Some time later they are being helped to deal with their all-consuming grief. Grief threapy was part of the help along with support from a spiritual medium. At one point the parents are intently hoping the medium will hear from their daughter but her dad remembered how she'd hang back in crowds rather than push forward to the front of the group. I imagine that's how it would be around any medium in a group scenario. One individual might push to the front determined not to be overlooked whereas another would be diffident or shy and gets sidelined, albeit not deliberately.

Later in group work the medium tells them they should try to relax and be accepting of apparently random signs. She says seeing signs is about recptivity and that you need to learn to be receptive. She says our loved ones are always trying to reach us but can only do it with little signs. If you aren't watching for them you'll likely miss them.

The parents had just such a sign but initially didn't recognise it. I'm half way through the book so I don't know if they received anything else but I think the point is made. And I didn't use to be persuaded by 'signs and symbols' accounts in my earlier days. I changed; even mac can change.

DenverGuy, jobun and Monika like this.
  2. Monika

Monika Established Member

From my own experience i completely agree that it has a big part about receptivity. After Michel died i went to some form of complete numbness for daily life, like hybernation. It just happened naturally. And during that time i was extremely receptive for his signs. Later on after about a year i started to engage back to my work taking bigger projects, solving bigger issues, spending a bit more time with friends. And then the break came again. After i engaged back into life i noticed i see less signs. But speaking with letters and pendulum is everyday thing for us and so i can get my questions aswered even if i dont notice so many signs. And Michel say he is all time around and he "poke" me from time to time and very often i dont notice. He also does not do this so often as i dont ask for this so often anymore. But he still does and i notice just like one third of all. So thats where problem for me occurs. I am still trying to find a way to balance in between fast going life and slow calm stage of mind to receive signs. If im calm i get signs everytime i ask or when he decide to show or want to draw my attention to something. If im fully engaged in life, Michel must drop a bomb (like last sign i wrote about) on my head so i notice it. But im convinced that i am able to find this balance some day. I just need a bit more practice. And with fully engaged in life i mean not just going to work, spending time with friends and doing other stuff but also being engaged in my own sad depressive mood mostly because of grieving for life we could have had. I catch myself very often in such stage. I didnt grieve for Michel for a single moment cause he is not lost for me but i do grieve a lot about all what is lost like our plans and so on.

jobun and Bill Z like this.
  3. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Your plans will be fulfilled Monika. This lifetime is the blink of an eye. Just a painful blink that seems so long but you plans will be fulfilled tenfold as you can seee by the love he has for you.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Those who are privileged to understand the principle of survival may also realise that nothing is lost over the fulness of time. But that doesn't stop us humans feeling the way we do - as humans.

We desperately feel the loss of a loved one as if it's going to be forever. We mourn their passing and we miss what we took was for granted, a shared future in this particular lifetime. And what was missed this time was missed full-stop, period.

It matters not that our son who passed in my arms (I comfort myself) only minutes after he left his mother is still alive and around us. We both miss the life we all might have had if he had remained in this world with us.

It does not matter how much I understand about survival and matters spiritual. (or so I tell myself) His loss still feels like a loss that can never be put right.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    DenverGuy, summer826, jobun and 3 others like this.
  5. Monika

Monika Established Member

You put it together so nicely into words, Mac. Like ever.

I wanted to write something about the part where you speak about your son. But instead i just send you a ♡ because there are no words i could ever manage to find.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

thanks, Monika, for your sentiments :)

I don't speak much about our son but he's the reason I'm doing now what I do most days. I think it might sometimes be important for folk - new ones particularly - to appreciate that what I write here relates to me just as much as it applies to other members. It's also a useful memory-jog for me too! ;)

summer826, baob, jobun and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Mac said: It does not matter how much I understand about survival and matters spiritual. (or so I tell myself) His loss still feels like a loss that can never be put right.

Today is 2 years and 2 months that the love of my life went back home and it feels both like many years ago yet at the same time yesterday. I go on but my world can never be put right again.

DenverGuy, summer826, SashaS and 2 others like this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

I've recently registered on a bereavement website.

I'm hoping I may be able to offer a few crumbs of comfort to some of those posting there, most of them devastated, lonely and desperately missing loved ones, often not wanting to go on and wishing they could join them.

It's early days and I have no idea whether I'll be able to say anything helpful. :(