1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Getting Physical!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Ruby, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Anyone like me? You've lost someone and your get up and go has gone? How do you get it back? I'm talking physical fitness here. I do tai chi classes - Wudang, I love it, but I need to up my levels of physical activity! Are others the same?

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I use to go for long walks on a trail where I lived. It was called the ‘Silver Comet Trail’ and it extended from one neighborhood to another. There were lots of scenery to look at and folks would ride their bikes, rollerblade, etc... After I had Gabby I was working on losing the 50 pounds that I gained while pregnant with her and I spent most of my time on that trail jogging. I also thought about a lot of things both in life and spiritually. I’ve dealt with depression from an early age and excercise was one of my outlets to help with the stress.

Oh and P.S, I lost the 50 pounds lol :p

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

From what I've picked up from others' accounts it may be desirable to try some more new exercises to see which appeal most. Losing one's 'get-up-and-go' is a natural outcome to stress and sometimes your body simply needs time to heal before energy and enthusiasm return. It's best not to push too hard but if you can find something you ENJOY doing - even if it's not a hard exercise - it's likely to be far more beneficial than pushing yourself in a more intensive regimen you don't enjoy.

My energy level has continued to fall as I've grown older. I want to do what I still enjoy doing but I get exhausted so much more quickly and I achieve less for a given level of energy expenditure. That's a situation unlikely to improve - gettin' old sucks! :D:(

4. Auras

Auras New Member

I recently lost my auntie, but even before that, I didnt feel motivated to do anything, I just about get out of bed some days, Girlfriend and her mum call me lazy, I personally don’t see it that way, I’ve had a hard childhood( I’m 20 now ) so I’m finding it hard to go out and do stuff, I find communication hard. I often say to my girlfriend that I’m bored and I want to go and do stuff but there is nothing that excites me anymore, I guess I’m just growing up lol

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Yes. I have been seriously depressed since my husband died six years ago; as a result, I have no desire to do anything, whether physical or otherwise. This is not uncommon.

If you are able to take part in tai chi, that's good. If you know how to swim, you might want to consider doing that as well -- it's not too hard on the body, as it's very low impact, but it's good for your muscles and for your cardiovascular system.