1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fraudulent mediums/psychics

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac

mac Staff Member

What's the matter? Nothing's the matter with me - how about yourself? You see my "negativity" when there isn't any - I'm actually just being pragmatic.

My ban was down to a misunderstanding but I'm pleased I was reinstated too. That's all in the past now....

I find you quite judgmental in your assessment of me however, viz: "Somehow though, I don't think you'll understand what I have said." Just because an individual doesn't agree with your sentiments and ideas doesn't automatically mean they don't understand what you've said. I can understand you pretty well (I reckon) although much of what you say doesn't apply to me and much of what you say I don't agree with....

By contrast, though, you've ignored my points about grammar which (as Andrew also pointed out to you) are factually correct. With a background of science, education and language I am analytical, I try to write correctly and language and communication are - to use the North American spelling - my specialty. I'm no expert but I do try to be concise and clear in what I write - where I fail it's not down to slovenliness....

I don't see any justification for my lowering of my standards just so I' write, or think, like certain others. I've always been an individual and at 65 I guess I'll likely stay that way now...

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Hair splitting? Being correct isn't hair-splitting except for those who are incorrect in what they say....:D

And so you didn't demur about my point about grammatical correctness! We're maybe making progress but you couldn't acknowledge accept the point when you wrote in response to me so there's still 'a ways to go' (using the N American plural form with the indefinite article....)

You're totally correct that life certainly ain't all about grammar but writing clearly about life is. One's perspective of life is so much more clearly understood when one writes about it in a simple and unambiguous way - as I see matters. Maybe that's my perspective, eh? ;) (oh, yes, we Brits also say "eh" It's not just the guys from you-know-where)

I'm not going to waste effort again on the bad/worse comparison but I will repeat that anyone thinking this particular website is 'bad' either has little experience or has a jaundiced outlook.

3. plato2

plato2 Banned

Post Removed by Administrators

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Lithuania (yes everyone, it's her), you are way out-of-line. Mac's educational background is impressive and it is none of our (or your) business why he has "a lot free time." Do you not see how harmful and potentially devastating your remarks are? I'm not sure how you keep creating these accounts, perhaps through hacking, but I will put a stop to it. I cannot remove your post right now (I'm on my mobile phone) or ban you, but you will be banned and this post will be removed as soon as possible. I am replying to let other users know what's going on. I am also going to put your IP addresses on an international blacklist, so that everyone knows you're a spammer.

Mac was not ranting, unlike you, and you are once again disrupting this community! Why do you bother with these silly and pointless impersonations? I checked every new user account now against your IP address (and your general physical location).

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

What a duffer I am - I trust people to be honest. :mad: So this is ex-member lithuania back like a dog-with-a-bone. :rolleyes:

Man you gotta wonder at her persistence but I'm pleased to see that Andrew is on the case again.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

What have I been saying. I knew she was a she all along. Only a female could cause this much commotion. (Hehe yes I can speak for myself on that one too).

Its time to put this thread to rest. Nothing but rudeness and crazy/weird things on this post. (And not weird in a good way).

7. mac

mac Staff Member

It might be a good thing to leave the thread where it is as it's an easy place for Andrew to check for bizarre behavior. It does seem to be attracting the people who most enjoy the rudeness etc. so maybe it's keeping them away to some degree from the serious discussion topics?

That's no bad thing in my view....

8. TriciaA

TriciaA New Member

It's such a shame that this thread began as 'Fraudulent mediums/psychics' which now has 22 replies, most of which, has nothing to do with the main thread title.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

You could always return it yourself to the original theme....

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi everyone! This new account has been banned. PoeticBlue, I think that you are right - it's time that this thread be laid to rest. I have just closed it. Mac, I get what you are saying, but this thread has just become an excuse for Lithuania to spam us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.