1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fraudulent mediums/psychics

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Skye,
    I am new at all this . My comment directed to you was me, not Mikey. :) Would you call a premonition a warning from spirit? (Mikey told me I was being prepared/warned for what was to come. It was an attempt to prepare me.) And a prediction is strictly making specific statements about the future? :) I think I understand that a medium is the communicator between here and the spirit guide (has a direct connection to communicate), but a psychic (when predicting) is more specific to future events versus direct communication? Sorry if this doesn't make sense. :) Mikey gets hung up on issues with "fortune telling". He feels there can be harm in this to people. He wonders where this info comes from.
    Carol
    Carol

2. Well, a horse is a horse is a horse of course.

Andi if I make it out to Sherwood Forest, the first round is on me.

3. That's not true at all, mac. Nowhere do I say that this forum is bad to start with. You are just stirring up some sh*t.

But keep in mind that most things are a matter of perspective. So there may be people who think this site is bad, given that we see some petty arguments from time to time. But this site is, when it comes to being nice and civil, probably top 5% on the internet from what I see.

4. Skye

Skye New Member

Hi Carol,

I realised your comment was coming from you and not Mikey, that's why I didn't add his name to my previous reply. :)

I suppose it depends on how you define a premonition versus a prediction which is of importance to you personally. Both could be said to work side by side as such in that you predict a certain premonition will occur. I can speak only of my own experiences. I never make psychic predictions and rarely give spirit predictions unless spirit say it in such a way whereby I don't realise they have done. More so, for reasons like Mikey suggests they can cause harm. Some people will live their lives in fear of what is to be, whereas other people will do their utmost to make a prediction come true.

The premonitions I've experienced come to me in the same way via my mental faculties as my mediumship. But they do not have the presence of a spirit communicator or another person, therefore, I perceive them to be a result of individual intuitiveness rather than directly from spirit. It may be that the energy of Spirit somehow influence our minds either in a dream state or through the means of ESP. And I'm led to believe many precognitive events usually denote warnings of impending disasters, where we tend to sense something doesn't feel right. Whereas imo a prediction or prophecy is foretold by an entity, whether it be of a human form or a spirit being.

When I communicate with Spirit, I don't communicate to a spirit guide. I'm having a two way mind to mind conversation with a person's loved one in the spirit world or afterlife. It's my understanding and experience that a psychic cannot communicate with a discarnate spirit. A psychic tunes into a living person's energy - normally the aura - to retrieve information about the person and then proceeds to relay it back to them. I can't comment on how psychics make their predictions but I suspect it's via intuition and using information gained from the recipient. Either way I feel they should be aware they could be wrong and must accept responsibility for their actions.

5. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Skye,
    Thank you so much for this great explanation. I do believe I get it now! :) I know I am talking directly to Mikey as well without someone in between. But I cannot go outside the box on that. I will leave that for you and other true mediums. :) My hope with what has happened to me (because I was not like this at all before) is to help others know that love never dies, life is eternal, and we will see our loved ones again! Signs, dreams, and other type of communication is real and it is not a bad thing....like some people have been taught. There are many people with different gifts and hopefully the loving effort will bring forth good wisdom of what is important to all. :) Thank you again for being here!
    Carol

6. Skye

Skye New Member

Carol,

Everyone is an essential cog in the wheel of life, we each have something to offer. So, it matters not how we express our own individuality, it's being able to be of service to another that is of far greater importance. Thank you for your compliment. I would like to thank you and others for being here also.

As Mahalia Jackson sings in her song, "If I can help somebody" then it works for me too. :)

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't, and didn't, stir up ####.

Take a look at the grammar - 'worse' means something like 'more bad' - it's called the comparative form of the adjective. (worst is most bad, the superlative form of the adjective - you get the picture?)

So for anything to be worse than something else, the latter thing would have to be bad to begin with. I said it's damning with faint praise as this website isn't bad just because some folk may not like petty arguments (as you've suggested) etc. If some think that's 'bad' it might suggest they're inexperienced users or are very demanding or just being petty.

So other websites aren't worse than this website at all but they may just be badly run, have some ill-mannered members who dominate threads, people who swear, have multiple id's (as you've already said) for whatever reason, make fun of administrators etc. One might say those websites are 'bad' when it's down to certain unruly members and website staff who are unable to change things....

Quite plainly that doesn't apply in any sense to this website where good behavior is expected and good administration is seen at all time.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  8. Wow! The grammar police are out in full force today! What's the matter? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the spider web this morning?

And thanks for proving my point for me - that it's a matter of perspective.

Somehow though, I don't think you'll understand what I have said.

By the way, I welcome your negativity. That's why I was glad when you were unbanned for being the "worst" poster here at the time.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

WWE LOVER, I've got say that, grammatically speaking, Mac is correct here. Something cannot be worse than something which is not already (at least somewhat) bad. Sorry but, it's not really a matter of perspective - that's just the way the English language works. :)

10. I agree. He is correct, grammatically speaking.

But life ain't all about grammar. It's more about perspective than grammar. Which is why some people will perceive this site as being "bad" while guys like me don't think it's "bad" at all. That's why I said there are sites way worse than this, for those who think this site is "bad" somehow.

I'll let you and mac worry about the hair splitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.