1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fraudulent mediums/psychics

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac

mac Staff Member

There are some good and interesting points here. I'll pick up on a few if you don't mind....

points 1 & 2) The time issue I find a red herring. It's far easier I find to think of the future in terms of events we have yet to learn about, the past being those we know something about. That allows for the non-linear aspects, the continuous loop, no future, no past scenarios but what we experience as humankind can essentially be seen as linear and the time theories don't have any practical impact on our short life spans.

point 3) For me it's a total nonsense to say there's a single, immutable future and hence 'the future' can't be predicted although aspects of potential futures may sometimes be discerned in advance of their happening....

point 4) Quantum physics generally doesn't significantly affect real-world relationships, the way we lead our day-to-day lives. Quantum effects are fine for physicists to investigate and some of their research may have outcomes which affect our lives but mostly not in the sense of 'predicting the future'.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

"Forums are the same way, and I visit some that are WAY WORSE THAN THIS. These aren't excuses; just simply telling you the way it is."

That's damning with faint praise..... For other forums to be, quote: "...way worse than this." this forum would have to be bad to start with....

More accurate might be: "Forums are the same way, and I visit some that are really bad" etc.

For my own part I've used websites which were not member-friendly at all, badly run, controlled by cliques and sometimes chaotic. My use of the past tense is deliberate - once I'd sussed out what poor websites they were, I withdrew from being an active member or even continuing to visit just as a reader.

One might wonder why others don't do similarly and I can only assume that they do like the things I don't.....

3. mac

mac Staff Member

What a beautifully simple way to express things!

4. Skye

Skye New Member

Hi Fasaga,

When a medium works they use a combination of their mediumistic and psychic ability. The purpose of mediumship is to prove evidence of our survival and is not to be confused with that of psychics or fortune telling. That being said during a demonstration of mediumship, or in a private sitting, spirit can and do at times make predictions so, it's not just a medium's psychic ability that is responsible.

As for time there is no past and no future, there is only the present. Our relatives and friends in the spirit world are able to see a little further down the road, and through clairvoyance or clairaudience they can warn us, or, tell us about events which are to be relevant in our lives that have not yet happened. Having been made aware of certain upcoming events, we humans are likely to foresee it as appertaining to the future because of our relationship to time.

If a psychic is giving a prediction then the presence of a spirit communicator would be absent. However, some psychics have given accurate predictions. You are correct in your thoughts that predictions are not exclusively an ability of a psychic.

5. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Mikey once again sticks to his intial statement that "specific predictions" about the future is just not in the cards. :) He says general statements can be made, but he again questions where the info is coming from when people make "specific predictions". There are way to many factors that come in to play that "alter" things along the way. Life plans and events are constantly "tweaked" as we move along on our journeys. We have a general plan that we come with of things we need to learn through "experience" here. But things do "adjust". Plain and simple. For every action there is a reaction that we cannot control. Freewill alters the reaction . People may get "very lucky" with predictions according to Mikey, but he wants to know "what is the consistency" with their predictions? That is the real question. Mikey says with regards to Heaven, "specific predictions" just doesn't happen. Just one opinion. :)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"
    Skye,
    Just saw your post and you are right. I had 2 different premonitions that something was going to happen to Mikey, the last one being 2 months before the accident. I know I was being warned by the "spiritual world" of what was going to come. BUT, it was a general thought or "warning" that something bad was going to happen, but I received no "specifics" in the details of how it was to unfold or when . That is the difference Mikey is talking about. General versus specific. :)
    Carol

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  6. Thanks Mac, that's what I thought. I know the future isn't set in stone and has many possible outcomes, I was just thrown by Andrews comment.

7. Skye

Skye New Member

Hi Carol, I understand what you are saying about generalisations versus specific information. But, a premonition differs from a prediction. I sat in a circle once with a few friends, and one person received a premonition of a female who appeared as if she was considering committing suicide. They saw the movement of the sea, picket fencing and her car. They also saw her dead body on the beach and could describe her. A week or two later reports of her passing appeared in the media. Not one of us at the time could understand why we would receive a premonition when there is nothing we could do to help. Apparently many premonitions are vague in nature. It could be that we temporarily tune into a person's thoughts because the power of thought after all is a living thing.

I have had experience whereby spirit communicators themselves specifically relay information about events that will happen. I'm not suggesting our loved ones will foretell a death to another relative. They wouldn't say "Your mother is going to die in 3 days." This could cause untold harm or fear on to another soul, and imo is irresponsible. But they do mention other events where danger can be prevented. Or joyous accounts such as predicting the birth of a new born son or daughter when no one is pregnant. Yes, this type of information can come from psychic ability but when one hears the spirit voice, or receives the image from your relative in spirit, this is not psychic.

These 2 events are mentioned for simplicity.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  8. Hi Skye
    Thanks for your clarrifications here, It's as i thought, and Spirit has the ability as you say to look a little further down the path.

9. Thank Carol and Mikey,

I should probably qualify my interest in this topic, it is not that I have any interest or desire to know specific trivial details of minor predictions that relate to me or my own. I'm far more interested in Global Issues and the path we are on as a species and the true importance of changing the way we treat this World. There are very different paths we can follow and I am looking for any Spiritual Prompts as to the outcomes one way or another.

10. Skye

Skye New Member

I suspect this type of information would come from physical mediumship. I'm aware spirit side teachers in the past, have via this process made several attempts to encourage us all to change how we treat each other and other life forms including animals within our world. For instance Silver Birch, Red Cloud, White Feather. It's a long ardous journey but we must never give up hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.