1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fraudulent mediums/psychics

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac

mac Staff Member

Predicting the future - or more accurately one of the many possible futures - is not something that can be done with accuracy. Or it's yet to be proven that it can occur.... It's highly debatable that a psychic can predict the future any more accurately than we mere mortals might. Mediums are in no better a position than other practitioners.

A 'sensitive' - someone with the attributes of being able to communicate with discarnates - might have contact with one or more spirit-side individuals who closely monitor what's happening on the earth plane. With the possibility/likelihood that certain of these discarnates will have a far wider perspective of world events (and potentially 'insider knowledge' as to what's planned/intended for this world) there is the very real possibility that certain sensitives will/might be able to piece-together some of what's upcoming.

That might reasonably be seen as one successful prediction of the future but it doesn't mean any particular future is certain.

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm not really sure, to be honest, WWE LOVER. I don't know them very well.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi, Fasaga! While this is private property, each user is solely responsible for what he posts here. The administration here is not responsible or liable for any misconduct that occurs here. We make sure to state that in the user agreement. So, in other words, if you break the law here (either Australia's laws or those of the United States), you, and only you, can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It would really depend on the accusations at hand. If the accusations, such as being a drug addict or "mental" were meant to be degrading or derogative, then we would remove them and apply some type of disciplinary action to the user who posted them. If, however, that user was merely suggesting that another user seek help because, from his posts, he seemed as though he was suffering from a drug addiction or mental illness, then we probably wouldn't do anything. Is this what you mean by a "right of recourse?"

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I am going to stick my thoughts on this. The evidence does seem to indicate that most people have an ability to do predict the future, with accuracy, to some extent. There are several examples of this R. Craig Hogan's book, Your Eternal Self. I have also read many books by psychics and most of them do say that everyone has the ability to some extent. Some of the authors hold classes, helping people to develop these abilities, and the only people who cannot do it are the ones who are either trying too hard or who don't stick with it long enough.

I have also seen a couple of personal examples of accurate psychics can be. Some of these predictions took place, accurately, seventy or more years after they were predicted!

We must remember that the Higher Self exists outside of time. So, it knows what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen. If there is no impediment (such as a pre-life agreement not to channel this information), then there is no good reason why we could not have access to this information. I think that there is enough evidence to conclusively decide that this is possible.

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Mac! Yes, I do perform a lot of the routine tasks and moderation that needs to be done on a regular basis. It's not really that much work, since this website is still rather small, but it can be time-consuming. I enjoy helping to maintain the website though, so I don't mind so much.

I'm glad that you think that our decisions have been fair and balanced - that's always our goal. We try to enforce our policies in a reasonable manner, sticking more to the spirit of the law, rather than the letter. Our need to apply disciplinary restrictions to Lithuania and RudeAwakening have really been some of the first major issues we've had.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear WWE LOVER and Fasaga, your curiosity about the mechanics of this site surprises me, but perhaps it shouldn't. To answer your questions:

1) Adam and Thomas are much-beloved family members who helped me start this site because I am so old that I basically still write with a quill and I could not have done it without them. I am so grateful for their kindness!

2) All websites are privately owned, whether by corporations (a few of the biggest) or by individuals (probably 99.7% of them). They are public space. It's as if you had a big front yard and you put up a sign on your lawn beside a bench under beautiful trees saying, "Come and sit if you like but at your own risk," and you came in and sat and someone walked by and insulted you. Andrew is right: your recourse (if any) is against the person who did the talking. That being said, we want our front lawn to be a safe place for everyone who visits it, so we try hard to keep people from insulting one another. We do the best that we can manage!

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Just to add to what Andrew says here, dear Fasaga, predicting the future is a complex thing! Here is why:

1) Time is an illusion. The implications of this are boggling to imagine, and I don't think that anyone really understands them as yet, but nevertheless it is a fact that time is an illusion that is related just to the physics of this material dimension. In most of reality - including where our after-death communicators are - it simply does not exist as we know it.

2) Neither past nor future seems to be fixed. There is evidence that everything is happening at the same time, which should make the future easy to predict; but there also is some evidence that past, present, and future are actively affecting one another (for good or ill), which would make it impossible to know anything for certain about any time, past or future. Ever.

3) Those who "predict the future" seem to be tapping into a general sense of a future that is not firmly fixed. Anyone who reads Edgar Cayce's predictions made decades ago for periods that were in his future but are now in our past can get some sense of this. His prediction that the north and south poles would shift at the turn of this century, for example, was not literally true... but then the poles began to move, and now - at this moment - the north pole is streaking southward... at a pace of about 40 miles per year.

4) It is possible that there are infinite futures. Or so says one physics theory that is currently in vogue. Whenever a butterfly in Mongolia flaps its wings once, a whole new universe is created! With so much going on everywhere on earth at any given moment, millions of universes have come into being in just the time it took for me to type this sentence ;-). I don't buy this theory, of course, nor should you. It is yet one more attempt by physicists to avoid accepting all the implications of quantum physics. But this theory is out there. So those passing information to living psychics would be left with the impossible task of determining which of the trillions upon trillions of universes that likely would exist by then is going to be your actual future!

8. Hey, you ought to see that football site I told you about, mac. It's almost like there are no rules there. There are tons of people with multiple usernames, everyone insults one another, the member makes fun of the admins on a daily basis, etc. All hell breaks loose over there.

9. Mornin' Grimey.

What do you mean you're old? Last I heard, you are a sweetheart who is middle-aged.

As for being computer unsavvy, join the club. I ain't good with them either.

Despite the fact that forums are privately owned, you are always going to have people insulting each other no matter what. It can't be avoided entirely. Sure we don't necessarily want members to start insulting one another, but it's going to happen eventually. It's human nature. I have an uncle who used to say, "It doesn't matter what door you open, there is always going to be sh*t that comes through it." Another uncle used to say to me, "You have to take the bitter with the sweet."

If you own a bar, you can't expect to avoid fights all the time. Forums are the same way, and I visit some that are WAY WORSE THAN THIS. These aren't excuses; just simply telling you the way it is.

Now forgetting the professionalism here and just speaking personally, I couldn't care less if someone insults me here, or even if I get called the next Hitler. Haters gonna hate. I'll just use my dry sense of homour to swing it around on them.

Just remember Roberta - Brother Love looooooooves youuuuuuuu!

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't think that kind of website would suit me....

It sounds more like a cyber bar with too many drunks, no closing-time and no bouncers .... It must fill a need, I guess, for the individuals who enjoy that kind of thing but I ain't one of 'em.

horses for courses

Last edited: May 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.