1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fraudulent mediums/psychics

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Wonderer! Thank you for you vigilance! That new user, with the disrespectful name, was the one that inundated me with spam private messages - that was Lithuania and the account was banned. Lithuania was banned just around that time, but she could still go on her account. When you are banned, so can sign on, it just won't let you do/read anything.

That was actually me on Identity's account. A member had approached me with a concern that someone was using Identity's account, so I went onto it to see if there was any trace of use. I couldn't find anything. Identity's account was being used a few days ago though, and we are not sure by whom.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

That's a shame for those who might have benefitted....

3. Skye

Skye New Member

I doubt the medium that you've mentioned Tricia isn't the only one to not receive communication from Spirit during a demonstration of mediumship. I've heard of this happening before in front of a congregation. Perhaps this is why it's said that communication with Spirits, is viewed as an experiment, as there's no guarantee any Spirit will draw close. It may be a rare occurrence but it would appear this can happen.

4. TriciaA

TriciaA New Member

This medium Skye, worked for years giving demonstrations in front of a congregation, no one could fault her. A medium I knew very well, was also top notch, she has since passed on, her work was amazing also. A very down to earth lady, great sense of humour when giving a demonstration, she kept her feet planted firmly on the ground, right up until the day she passed. I have to say, it's a rare occasion to witness such a medium.

5. TriciaA

TriciaA New Member

It is a shame Mac, as many did benefit, but I suppose there comes a time, as hers did, when enough is enough.

As Mikey said: 'If the gift is used to gain personal fame and worldly things without the emphasis of love and helping others, it will diminish' The gift of communication needs to be respected

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

In the case of this particular medium it's reasonable to conclude that the reasons suggested by Mikey did seem to be the cause of her mediumship fading away. Maybe it was intended to be a wake-up call but ended in a way that was not intended though? Had she realised she'd gone off-course she might have changed her ways and returned to how things used to be.

We'll never know....

7. Skye

Skye New Member

I'm not disbelieving you Tricia, it may well be that this medium did lose her ability to communicate for all time. I just wonder who it may have been that accused her mediumship of being for material gain. Nonetheless, the folly of humans is to pre-judge people for being less 'spiritual' because it conflicts with our own perception of what spirituality is or isn't deemed to be.

I have certain prejudices in life, as I assume other people do, but this shouldn't infer I'm any less or any more spiritual than another. Outward appearances are deceptive and can often mislead people into making judgement, which can in reality be false. I suspect a number of people have been asked on the other side, "What are you doing here?" by those who believed such and such a person had no spiritual integrity when living on the earth plane.

8. TriciaA

TriciaA New Member

That's right Fasaga 'loosing it through altering one's own state' I'm sure this happens quite a bit, the ego can alter the vibrations that's for sure.

9. TriciaA

TriciaA New Member

I recently came across this, it makes perfect sense: Every medium’s greatest trap is Ego. As you grow, so does your ‘Ego’. But remember, when Ego grows with your mediumistic abilities, you will reach a plateau and not ascend. In fact what will then happen is that the Ego continues to grow but the ability does not, as a result of which, more and more imperfections enter into your work. More and more of those who come to you, will be aware that not every word is purely channeled. More and more the Ego will insist on your Ego having its way If you get complacent, so secretly will your Ego slip ahead of your abilities that you will not know when it happen.

Ego is two-pronged. It is not only your physical reactions and feelings, it is also VANITY. Vanity that you can do what another cannot, that you know what another does not. And that is your greatest obstacle to your growth.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  10. Thanks TriciaA

I would also draw a correllation between how we are "not Judged by Spirit but Judge Ourselves" both during life and at the Life Review and the impact of Ego on Ability - are these individuals the cause of the loss of their own ability through recognising their own unintentional selfish endeavours and subconsciously stripping themselves of their abilities.

For the same reasoning that we are told we are not Judged by Spirit, I believe we are not Punished by Spirit also. What we do we do to ourselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.