1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fraudulent mediums/psychics

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by lithuania, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithuania

lithuania Banned

Thought I would post this great clip:
    http://www.rationalskepticism.org/paranormal/another-psychic-fail-on-live-tv-t28544.html

Too bad there are so many psychic/medium frauds (perhaps many are just deluded into thinking they have paranormal powers).

One commentor on the site said it well:
    Re: Another psychic fail on live TV
    #10 by Matthew Shute ยป Jan 16, 2012 5:15 pm

"Right. I'm sensing that somebody reading this thread, right now, knows somebody, or knows somebody who knows somebody else, with a J name. Yes, a J name. (Or G.) J or G might be the first letter, or not, of the first name... or the second name. Now, this person will be a young person. Possibly an older person. It's getting clearer. I'm sensing this is a male person...? It could be a female. I'll give you the age and gender in a moment, when you tell me the age and gender. Anyway, if this describes somebody you know or knew, or somebody possibly known to somebody else you know, then I'm sure you'll find my psychic display evidence enough of my special powers!"

2. lithuania

lithuania Banned

3. lithuania

lithuania Banned

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

You mean Sylvia? Or are you talking about the perosn who made this anti-Silvia website?

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Don't take this the wrong way, Lithuania, but is there any actual evidence that she is a fake? Remember, a fraudulent medium would someone who is intentionally trying to trick people - not just someone who isn't a medium. They do exist, of course, but what is the proof with this woman.

I have quickly looked through the website you posted, and watched the video and two links in your last post. I have to say that I have found no convincing evidence saying that she is intentionally tricking people. The videos happen to catch her in some mistakes, but there are two problems:

1. Mediums Aren't Always Right:
    Sometimes mediums just are wrong. It doesn't mean that they are fake. Some days the communications are stronger and more reliable than others. You must remember, the brain gets in the way of such communications and, if you are not trained enough, it can easily garble them. Now, there is no doubt that she does not possess the skill of someone like John Edward, but that doesn't mean she's fake.

2. The Whole Story isn't Known:
    There is a lot that we don't know. For example, that girl who just collapsed and died without cause. We don't know - it is entirely possible that it was a sport injury. A lot of the time, readings do not make sense when we first get them. Revelations at a later date fill in the information gaps. Since we are not in Spirit and don't know exactly what happened, and especially since there is no cause of death, we cannot assume that Sylvia was innaccurate. For example, that list of predictions that she gave - how do we know what will or will not happen 50 years from now? Until that time, we cannot say with certainly whether or not she is accurate. Who would have thought that the internet would exist in its current capacity 40 years ago?

That being said, she could be a fraud, but I see no convincing evidence either way. She certainly isn't the most skillful medium but it would be a wrong to judge her without researching her more deeply.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  6. lithuania

lithuania Banned

I despise people like Sylvia Brown-charlatans.

7. lithuania

lithuania Banned

8. lithuania

lithuania Banned

If this Margolis medium is not a fraud then she is one lousy medium. You be the judge of whether she is a fraud.

9. lithuania

lithuania Banned

10. lithuania

lithuania Banned

truthsayer 15 Dec 2002

i have seen char in action on larry king live. she appeared with sylvia brown and james van pragh. i was less than not impressed with her. i thought she was rude, obnoxious and abusive to callers with questions. she would start naming off alphabet letters and ask if this person knew someone with a name starting with b, c, d or e. if the person said no then char would get nasty and accuse the person of not cooperating w/ her. when sylvia or james van pragh tried to answer a question she would drown them out. i don't know what her claim to fame is but it could be that the only place she could get a job as a psychic is outside of the usa b/c ppl here are on to her. miss cleo was a fraud but least she seemed to have some manners in the infomercials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.