1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fourth Medium Reading Today

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 New Member

I feel like I have lost my way lately in trying to get through to him directly. I feel like whatever connection was there in the first year after his passing has disappeared. It is probably me, you know, life getting in the way and all, dealing with everyday life matters that sap my energy. Couple that with the feeling that "he hasnt been around lately" has made me wander.

I have made a pact with myself however to start the process all over again and use Dr. Hogan and Julia's recommendations to connect personally again. I feel like I am in a different mindset, where last year was desperation to find him and make sure he is OK, confirm he goes on, confirm he is with me, now.. it has settled more into trying to develop and cultivate the new relationship.

I hope that makes sense.

2. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 New Member

She is absolutely fantastic. She was my first medium experience, and did not disappoint!

3. mac

mac Staff Member

It's nice to hear your very positive reaction. :)

ShingingLight1967 likes this.
  4. Coogie

Coogie New Member

Hi Zac,
    I am planning to sit for a reading by Julia, would you mind me asking how your reading went with her?
    Thanks
    Coogie

5. Zac

Zac New Member

Her reading was unique in comparison to the dozens of readings I've had over the past 8 years with several mediums. She came up with a lot of material that was very interesting and I felt it was a good reading though much of it could not be confirmed as I recall. I have a recording of the sitting and will listen to it again because commenting further.

I also recommend Tim Braun though he is expensive at 345 for a 50 minute sitting. I have had several readings with him over the past 8 years and have not been disappointed.

https://www.timbraunmedium.com/

Coogie likes this.
  6. I go once a month to a platform reading. I don’t go to there to receive proof of the afterlife. I have it anyway. I go for the insightful discussions after. Funny thing is that almost every time I go Spirit family and friends come for me. It’s almost embarrassing because there are people who go regularly and never have a reading. I remember one time I had a spirit discuss something through her and then the reading was over and then more stepped up for me & she asked me if I recognised them by name which I did & she laughed and said “ I’m sorry but I need to give other people a chance for a reading . I didn’t know if she was talking to me or the spirits. It’s like they didn’t want her to disconnect from me.
    A few days before the event, I send the message out to spirit fam & friends. I also do it in the car as I drive there too.
    I ask the spirit to state something to the medium to make it easy for me to recognise them and they do. My spirits choose things that are so specific and irrelevant that only I would know exactly what they are talking about and they have often mentioned things that have made me and the medium laugh or embarrassed me a little. I think to myself ‘ ok ok you didn’t have to mention that’. That is usually in the very beginning when there are a few people with hands up and she is getting guidance on who they belong to. A good example of this is one time the medium told me my father was telling her something about my workplace and a stapler and I did something sneaky lol. That made me laugh because a few days earlier at work I had got sick of searching for a stapler so I found one of them and I hid it in a special place that only I would know so I would never be searching again hahaha. That just showed to me that my father is part of my life every day life even now in death and there is not much you can hide. I know this is stupid, but, now when I go to the toilet or have a shower, I ask any spirit not to look hahahaha.
    This is the sort of verification you should be getting from spirit. You just need something so convincing to you that you know their spirit is alive and well & they are still sharing your life. They don’t have a problem with not being alive, it’s us, their living family or friends that do. They see things from a different perspective on the other side. We only see it as their absence from our lives and we miss them but you know, they have never left us.
    I get great enjoyment when I listen to other people receiving verification of their loved ones. The medium to whom I go for platform readings, only charges $10 and she donates a good portion from the night, to charities. She has a normal job in IT. She regularly visits different towns & states and goes o/s as well. A good friend of hers is a medium from the UK. She isn’t in it for the money but in service to spirit

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Coogie, baob and Luna like this.
  7. Coogie

Coogie New Member

Zac,
    Thanks so much for the excellent information. I am waiting for Julia to reply to my email inquiry. I’ll look into Tim as another option. This will be my first reading so I am excited and apprehensive at the same time.
    C

8. Coogie

Coogie New Member

Hi Tracey,
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences, it truly is inspiring to someone like me who is new to this!
    I have never heard of a platform reading and I searched on the net and couldn’t find much there either. This would be a great option for me because I could experience several readings of other people to get the feel for it. I could try the suggestions you gave for asking the spirits to be ready to come through prior to the reading. Would you mind sharing the name of the person who is giving these platform readings so I could see if she has a web site that might contain information about where she’s doing these events? I am in Florida and I have some time to travel.
    Thanks again,
    Coogie

9. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm a Modern Spiritualist and 'platform mediumship' is a feature of the church/centre structure. I don't 'do' church now and haven't done for many years, any necessity disappearing at a very early stage of my spiritual development. But I resolutely defend its benefit and refer seekers to centres for what they can provide. At one time, though, I did use to go to watch demonstrations of mediumship, one reason that I'm now comfortable in my expectations over what should happen. That's the preamble....

On one occasion the then SNU President Gordon Higginson (https://www.gordonhigginson.co.uk/) gave a demonstration in my home town church. This was a big deal and my recall of the events shows - I hope - that it had great significance for me. Not because I received fabulous evidence because I got nothing. Not because lots of others did because it didn't happen that way either.

A few - I thought a surprising few - audience members did receive evidence and messages. But far fewer than I'd expected from such a vastly experienced medium. Equally important to me, however, was the way his time demonstrating was effectively hogged by spirit visitors for certain committee members. I'd often seen that happen when other mediums had demonstrated but I was dismayed to see it happening again when so many ordinary audience members would likely have been hoping for a message. I was angry, frustrated and disappointed in similar measures.

In such situations, then, who should be doing what? Plainly those regular spirit visitors knew how to get the attention of the medium. Their messages were not of major importance. Should they have stepped back to allow others through? The church regulars were used to hearing from them so why didn't they send a mental suggestion that others deserved the medium's attention?
    Once a seeker has had irrefutable evidence of a loved one's survival, should that seeker need to keep hearing from their loved ones, continuing to ask questions whose answers are not important? Taking a medium's time and attention when others are more needy?

This is not intended as criticism but does illustrate my points.

Such outcomes are immensely evidential and helpful to those who are still unsure about survival. But it's clear from what we hear that such clarity is less commonplace than we'd hope.

Absolutely and we can learn from what we observe.

There was a time that mediums worked for spirit with little or no financial recompense. There was a time when well-known mediums traveled widely to provide their service, sometimes just accepting travel costs but some refused all payments. It was their service to spirit. The aspect of charges is another conversation, one I've had on many occasions.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

In the USA there isn't the equivalent long-established network of churches and centers we have here in the UK, hence there's less platform mediumship. Such mediumship is more likely to be found in larger, paid-for venues. That's sad because Modern Spiritualism has its roots in Hydesville, upstate New York, yet now in its birthplace mediumshiop is not easy to find.

And yet it should be in the Spiritualist church that evidential mediumship is demonstrated at its best.