1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Fourth Medium Reading Today

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Jan 20, 2017.

1. milahanna

milahanna Member

Regarding the silence, I think what makes it difficult for me, and I know that I shouldn't do this, is the fact that others get signs and some get them so quickly and easily. I read a lot of testimonies because right now it's all I care about and it helps me to believe that maybe we do live on. However, I often get sad now. I want what they have. I was reading a conversation between a few ladies the other day where their husbands/ex-boyfriends were showing them incredible signs. One felt him kiss her lips. It was all very sweet and I was happy for them, but here's the kicker...they had abusive relationships. The one with the boyfriend had broken up with him over abuse. The other one was being abused and both relationships involved a lot of anger, drugs etc. In both cases, the guys came through fairly soon after passing.

Now, I must say that I do believe that's beautiful. I was happy for them. Love and healing are what it's all about and these guys helped these women heal. I see that. However, I then sit back and wonder what's wrong with me and Thai then. We have been best friends for over 25 years. We didn't fight once. Crazy but true...not once. We cared about each other and loved each other. Why isn't he coming through? Why do I hear stories of people being visited by their boss or neighbor yet the love of my life can't get through? IDK but it just doesn't sound right.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

milahanna,

I have the same sorts of concerns. I have had possible signs, but for me, without essentially constant reassurance, I cannot help but doubt. That is in part the result of the fact that my husband's continued existence and my desire/intent to join him are the most important thing in the universe to me, and probably also partly the result of my panic and OCD disorders, but in any case that is how it is. So you are not alone in wondering why you are not receiving signs. The things you wonder about those other women who have received signs are the same sorts of things I wonder about in terms of who has died -- that is, there are couples who didn't love each other, or who were abusive to each other, and yet they continue to live and be together, whereas my husband is a wonderful person (albeit imperfect, as we all are), he and I were and are deeply and completely in love, we had just gotten married when he died, and we wanted & planned to spend the rest of our lives together, and yet he is the one who has a massive fucking heart attack and dies, while those other people continue to live. There is no justice there.

3. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

I heard back from the medium I talked to a week ago. We have exchanged several e-mails. She is a good person, and wants to talk with me today. I don't like the "ALL of the relationships you’ve had over your lives together" part or anything that sounds like reincarnation. I wonder if she means that my girlfriend and I have had many relationships with each other. I would prefer that interpretation, if any.

The last sentence got my attention!

Any thoughts on this? She just sent it:

"In the meantime, – trust that she loves you very much. But try to understand that love for you or me is a human experience – with emotional and physical components. It’s is also tied in with ego and other aspects of self. For her, love is actually the energy she lives within – it’s much more profound. Deeper and broader, if you will. She sees you and experiences love for you through a lens that encompasses ALL of the relationships you’ve had over your lives together, and I don’t doubt there have been many. The way in which I experienced her energy is something I want to describe to you again on the phone—her peace, her compassion, her love is very light, pure, genuine. It’s different from the heart gripping emotion that we as humans feel. Let me be really clear here: that the nature of her love feels different doesn’t mean she loves you Iess; but rather MORE. She loves you soul to soul (ooh – just got full body tingles on that; she’s here with me (!) and just corrected what I was about to write, which was “loves you as a soul. ” She prefers “soul to soul.”)"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Scout and Widdershins3 like this.
  4. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Re: the very different experiences people have when consulting mediums--my tentative theory is that it may have a lot to do with the person being read for and/or for the medium's ability that day. 50 years ago in rural Western PA, I went to see a well-regarded local psychic medium and got an astoundingly evidential reading without a single fact being wrong. As a result of that, my mother and sister went to her and neither one had a good experience at all (no evidential information and predictions of the near future were way off). But in my case, every psychic prediction she made happened within the 2 years she'd specified.

And a year ago or so, at the Spiritualist Church I sometimes attend in San Francisco, I got a stunning reading from a British platform medium, a man, who got my deceased parents names (their nicknames, actually) precisely correct and described a new house in the family (my sister had just bought one) in detail. He said it was our parents showing it to him and added that they had resolved their differences and were now spending time together on the other side. Since they'd been bitterly separated for many years when they each died, that was pretty evidential too. (I'd never discussed my parents or their marital woes with anyone at the church, either, and that information isn't online anywhere)

But a year later the medium returned and I got a vague reading that I was unable to verify at all. My disappointment was immense.

So, I know for a fact that this guy is "for real" but his ability doesn't seem to be consistent, just like that first medium I saw so many years ago. I would love an explanation for this and also I wish there was a way for us to know in advance if a professional we're about to pay serious money to will actually be able to connect with our loved ones on the Other Side. Is their ability to connect partially dependent on the sitter's mental/emotional state? Does it just vary with their own mindset that particular day/hour? Does anyone with more experience of mediums have their own theory on what's going on...or NOT going on when we sit for a reading?

milahanna likes this.
  5. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Widdershins3, those are really good questions. I have asked the same thing. A few months ago I paid for a one-hour session with a medium but the results were bizarre and distressing. We stayed on the phone for a good hour and a half. She then refunded my money. I have had this happen several times. I don't know why they don't just say that they're not getting anywhere and just end the session for now.

I am asking a good medium about that right now and will report back tonight.

Widdershins3 and milahanna like this.
  6. milahanna

milahanna Member

It's so frustrating. I get something different every time. They all pick up on how he died but then the rest varies so much. I have been told that he is in paradise, at a healing facility, and yesterday that he's earthbound. So, I really don't have a clue where he is.

Goldie, Widdershins3 and DenverGuy like this.
  7. milahanna

milahanna Member

It doesn't make any sense, Bluebird. I may be sounding selfish or even childish but why do they get to experience that connection through the veil and those of us who had a good loving relationship can't?

Goldie and Widdershins3 like this.
  8. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

You don't sound selfish or childish to me. The death of my husband, and the resulting separation of he and I (even if there is an afterlife which would mean it's a temporary separation) is the worst anguish of my soul and my life, and it's probably like that for you as well. It's not that I wish those other couples weren't still together -- I really don't care if they are or not -- it's that I wish that my husband were still here in this life, as he should be, so that he and I could be together. To me, the way things have turned out makes it very clear to me that there cannot be a loving god. If there were, at the very least that god would make it so that there would be no doubt, in the mind of anyone who has had her/his soulmate die, that there is an afterlife where our soulmates are happy, are still themselves, and are waiting for us, where we will be together again.

milahanna likes this.
  9. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Widdersshins3, I heard back from the medium, and here's what she said: (The "train" reference was for the Royal Gorge Train - a tourist train in Colorado that she had taken me on).

As for on/off days for mediums – that is absolutely true. And it’s possible it could have been such for me, but I was rested, not stressed, feeling very up when we began and the beginning of the reading was unfolding fairly typically. The pattern I find, when things go awry, is often tied to the emotional state and/or expectations of the client that the interpretations be exact to the reality. When so much information comes in visually, and Spirit uses a lot of symbols and the knowledge in my own head, it’s not always exact. They try to get me to say something by showing me a specific image. For example, the train. What I actually saw was a train with an open top. That tells me it’s either in an amusement park, like a ride, or for sightseeing like in a zoo, because that’s my experience, and therefore how I interpret it. That the real train was a sightseeing train that may have been enclosed on a mountain side – makes no real difference. It was a pleasure ride, and not a travel/business ride. I’ve never been on such a train, so had they shown me the real train, I might not have understood to be a sightseeing train. Make sense? So – my words and interpretation were somewhat off, but Mila was getting the intent across. We need a bit of flexibility in the interpretation, so I hope that’s helpful. Try to stay open to variations that basically have the same intent of communication. Ask yourself, “what could she mean by that?”

Amore, Widdershins3 and milahanna like this.
  10. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

I'm going to chime in here, and tell you about my experiences with the mediums.

The three readings I have had, the information that came through did not vary widely. They were fairly accurate and they all got his personality accurately, two brought through some of the issues we were having prior to his passing, two came through and knew exactly what his passions were in life, etc.

But what every medium told me was that they were given images from their life experiences that convey what spirit is trying to get across. It probably wont be a direct hit on what we are looking for, but spirit is trying to get an overall picture to the medium to give to us. Just what the medium was telling you with the train DenverGuy.

I think we go in at times expecting almost a verbal communication between our loved ones and the medium and so why wouldnt the medium be getting the information correct? I mean, they are in direct communication.. they should know?!

But I have discovered it doesnt work that way.. they werent in our lives, they dont know our experiences, and what it actually is, is a big game of telephone and they are trying their best to get it right.

I found that if I just let go of expectations, understand that whoever comes through comes through, and just be good with it, it seems to work better. I also think asking for clarity, for more information helps. I have had to do that, and the information became clearer.

This is just my experience.

Amore and Widdershins3 like this.
  11. mac

mac old member Staff Member

(re the bold text) Some mediums are clairaudient - they 'hear' (not using their ears though) what their communicator is saying to them. With such mediums it's an approximation of verbal communication.

Some mediums are clairvoyant which means they see (but not with their physical eyes) the communicator and hence can offer a description of the communicator's appearance.

For me one of the least satisfactory versions of evidential mediumship is the kind where symbols and impressions are the means of communicating with the medium. Too much is open to mis-perception and mis-translation. But one has to go with what's available and finding a reputable medium of any flavor can be hard enough.

Asking for additional information is reasonable in my view, information that can be evaluated by the receiver because ONLY the receiver matters.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Milahanna, you described in another thread a very dramatic communication from him in response to your request! Based upon the evidence, this means that:

1) He has completely transitioned; he is certainly not earthbound.

2) He is not in the lower realms, either, and probably not in any kind of healing facility.

3) He is eager to communicate with you, and probably has been taking classes (yes, they do that).

So, talk to him! Ask him to send you something else, pay attention, and thank him for whatever might conceivably be a sign from him. But he is fine, and he loves you - that much you now know for sure!!

Amore, Scout, Widdershins3 and 3 others like this.
  13. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Roughly 7 months ago I talked to my first medium, and she really gave me some good information. I then worked with 5 others who gave me stuff that made no sense. Some didn't even charge me for it. My question was always why they just didn't stop the session. Why continue with nonsense?

Anyway, today I circled back to the first one for 30 minutes over the phone. She was close on several things - cancer, young, contacts me late at night, etc. She said that my GF couldn't talk at the end (true). But she kept insisting that she keeps trying to pull something off of my hand. I don't wear any jewelry.

Anyway, it was one of those sessions where I kind of got something I needed, but not enough to convince me. I got the 'ol "she wants you to be happy" line, which always leaves me cold. No emotional responses like: "She is so happy that you contacted a medium and she is really, really trying to reach you every night. She knows what you're going through and really misses being with you in the physical sense, but she is watching over you and wants you to know that you will eventually be with her again, no matter what happens here."

Of course that is my wish, which doesn't make it true. But the medium did say that she hears me when I talk to her. I'm going to go with that...

14. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I feel very bad for you and wish I could offer some kind of wisdom or help. I have had all the Readers but one bring my late wife into a Reading and that one who could not said so right up front. The only thing I can say is just keep on trying and go to other Readers. Nothing is "wrong" with you and he has not "gone" anywhere, so just keep on trying. I believe he wants to connect with you as much as you want to connect with him. good luck, jim

15. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Please be aware, too, that deep grief can be a barrier to our receiving good communications from those that we used to think were dead. Please try to get past the worst of your grief so you can be more open to making real contact.

milahanna, Amore and Widdershins3 like this.
  16. Widdershins3

I should mention that the readings I talk about here were all done when my grief had long since passed through the acute phase. Many of the mediums who've written books on their gift and how it works do say that intense grief often blocks communication and that only the departed souls who have excellent skills in communicating back to us here are able to contact us when the grief is extreme. And it's still very difficult even for them.

I'm currently reading Anne Puryear's book "Stephen Lives!" and she's a good example of someone who was in extreme grief after her son committed suicide. It obsessed her and colored every aspect of her life. She was part of a church that sounds like a Spiritualist one, but only her son's determination to communicate with her was able to (occasionally, very briefly) overcome the difficulties she was presenting and make direct contact...and that was due to a contract the 2 of them had to write books together after his death.

When she began to adjust to his loss, she saw a genuinely gifted medium and had an amazing reading. And then she learned about automatic writing and "listening" for her son's thoughts among her own, similar to Carol & Mikey's work together. I think if I ever again lose someone I love tremendously, I'll definitely look for a therapist who specializes in treating grief, hopefully one who accepts the survival of the soul after death. With expert help to heal, I have a feeling that communication will be improved.

Amore likes this.
  17. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I received signs but wasn't communicating (or aware of it with him) until I started those self-guided afterlife communications. After beginning those, it opened up a line of communication that I didn't know existed. When you realize you are connecting, it's amazing yet a bit overwhelming. I had to stop for a week or so because it was so emotional for me. I know others have commented that talking outloud helps them so I do this frequently. Sending you good thoughts for whatever path you choose.

18. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Thank you for sharing this. Would you mind elaborating on this part for me?

"Departed souls who have excellent skills in communicating back to us here are able to contact us when the grief is extreme. And it's still very difficult even for them."

How do those with excellent communication skills get through to those in deep grief? Are they still using signs or do you mean telepathically?

I'm always torn when I read about deep grief interfering with communication during this tim. I had extremely deep grief to the point of just wanting to die yet I still received communication. I'm just trying to understand why. I asked him once during a self-guided connection and he showed me a plant with roots and said "growth". I'm uncertain exactly what that means though. Have I dove in further with him on this? Lol, no. I'm waiting for my first medium reading to ask a little more. I'm hopeful yet have realistic expectations that I may not find out.

Thank you for your time!

Amore likes this.
  19. Widdershins3

I don't know what their methods are, though a lot of mediums who've written about spirit communication in general have mentioned places in the afterlife where souls can go to get help in communicating if they can't do it by themselves. Presumably, there are people on the other side whose skill happens to be communication with us, but I suspect that how they do it would probably not mean much to most of us even if it was explained. And whether it's telepathy or signs most likely depends on the spirit's abilities. They're in a place with different laws of Nature. The ones with exceptional abilities to connect may be able to get through, but not always and not as clearly as they would if we were calmer and more open to them.

Over and over again, I've read about how our extreme grief blocks most souls there from reaching us, so strong emotion must break up the signal somehow or make us impervious to hearing it. That's my best guess, but others here may have more detailed information. Good luck with your reading! I hope you'll share anything you feel comfortable about discussing with us.

Unexpected likes this.
  20. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Yes, I'm going to share my experiences. Ive started a new thread today. Once I receive a reply on that, I'll post. Might be late tonight or tomorrow though. Thanks again!