1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Fourth Medium Reading Today

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Jan 20, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

great reply! :)

ShingingLight1967 likes this.
  2. georgek

georgek Member

[​IMG]

I think you have insulted your own intelligence. I can touch my screen and read like I say.

I have another twenty more or so, and have never been wrong. Seen enough?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  3. mac

what a crock!

4. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

OK... I honestly dont understand what this BS between mac and georgek is all about. I think, honestly it is off-putting and being a lay person like myself, makes me think there is nothing to be gained from taking part in these discussions.

DenverGuy was looking for some advice, some solace some words that will help him through his grieving of his beloved, who he is desperately trying to contact, to know that she is OK, to know that there is something more, to understand that maybe there is more than this world. I COMPLETELY understand where is and what he wants... i KNOW what he is searching for and this BS one-upsmanship, this trying to prove that one person is better than the other will not help.

We, who have lost loved ones want to know that they are OK.. want to know that they survived, what to know that they miss us as much as we miss them, want to have some contact with them. Something that we can concretely hold onto that we know without a shadow of a doubt proves to us that they live on, they love us and that they will always be with us.

DenverGuy, Milihanna, Bluebird and I are all looking and continue to look for evidence... concrete evidence that our loved ones survive death. We are broken and hurting and on a new path trying to find some absolute scrap of evidence that WE can trust and believe in that yes.. our loved ones survived, and this petty BS about who is better is just off putting and drives people who are novices and trying to find answers away.

Yeah, this is my opinion of what I have seen on this thread.

5. georgek

georgek Member

It is difficult to write constructively when some are trying to discredit and mock both you and your ability.

I find it an intrusion on my points and character to have these consistent mockery jibes with most things that I say. Especially that I need some kind of psychiatric more times than once. We are not here for medical diagnosis. We are here to diagnose and debate subject matter. It came about with a slip about religion with admin. mac made his points about unwanted comments which have trailed from The Trinity post to this post here, in order to show his loyalty to admin.

Sometimes a person has to stick up for themselves, as it is like being tapped with a pencil every time you speak.

I have forwarded a good point towards this discussion only to be attributed by false accusations.

If you are looking for evidence, read my other posts.
    Unfortunately with the paranormal, there is never going to be any evidence because people have already made up their mind, that there is no evidence.

I can only do so much..and to try and give these things with onsets from mac is difficult. Hearing words like 'crock' and more besides.

mac writes a lot and feels threatened so he ridicules me.
    I am merely sticking up for myself.
    I know this is not very good from your angle and I do apologise for it.
    The scapegoat will always be me, as I am sure mac will still be around for some time longer, well after I am gone

Your love ones do survive.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  6. mac

I'll leave the members named to decide whether I've tried to be helpful and supportive towards them in the past.

My view is that self-praise is no recommendation. My way is to address points directly, rather than rambling and blustering, believing that to be potentially more helpful. Where I write a lot it's generally in response to points made by others and rarely about me personally. Members may not, of course, think this is of any importance.

What notice we choose to take of the words of others here on ALF is a personal choice but you won't find mac promoting himself with pages of text and/or old screen-captures. Members may not think this is of any importance of course.

7. mac

I apologise for having taken the thread off-topic but I was so appalled at what I was seeing and I allowed myself to react to it.

I wouldn't change my response but I acknowledge it wasn't the right place to make it. Sometimes in life, though, we react spontaneously to situations we find unacceptable when good counsel would tell us to hold our tongue 'til another time and another place.

Again I'm sorry I derailed the subject of the thread.

isabel mcdonald likes this.
  8. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

This is all I ask for... I wish a medium had just said this to me:

"Mila says to do what you have to do to go through life. I will be here for you. I will love you as before, I will always be with you, I will know that you will love me, and I will see to it that we will be together forever when the time comes. Please know that, don't worry, believe it, and take comfort in that."

I have mentioned that to the psychologist who I see twice per month. Her answer sent a good chill through me: "How do you know that you're not acting as your own medium?" Wow! Does that make sense?

JCinTX, Goldie and milahanna like this.
  9. mac

It's certainly possible. There's a great interest in self-initiated contact rather than via a traditional practitioner.

10. milahanna

milahanna Member

I long to hear this from him as well. The silence is crippling me and as hard as I try to remain positive and lean on the love we shared, I can't keep the fears away. I'm quickly reaching the point where I might give up. Not because I don't love him because I do, more than anything, but because I feel forgotten by him. I know that we are told that isn't the case but actions speak louder than words and so many people around me are receiving signs. If I'm truly honest with myself, I will admit that something is obviously wrong.

What your psychologist said is very interesting though. Definitely something to think about.

Goldie and DenverGuy like this.
  11. mac

Didn't someone here suggest using a 'self-guided course'?

12. ShingingLight1967

First off... DenverGuy, Milihanna and bluebird... I apologize for overstepping and speaking for you with my assumptions. I assumed, that being new to this world as I still am, that the infighting is distracting to the answers that you seek. It's hard enough to find answers that resonate with you and the excess noise I believe distracts from that.

Second.. mac, I respect you more than you know. I believe you provide much wisdom and a different voice for consideration. Thank you. I didnt mean to pop off, and it seemed that you were trying to corral the situation, unfortunately there were too many postings that seemed combative, which I, in my humble opinion, takes can put off people who are here desperately looking for answers.

DenverGuy.. This is what I say to you in my experience. After my sittings with the mediums, readings and research, I have been working on trying to understand better what is my voice and what could be either my husband's or guides. I frequently have conversations with either my husband or guides and from what I have understand there is a distinct difference between "talking to yourself" and the voice of others. I believe, that when you hear the voice of others, you just know. My problem is that I interrupt the voice and we never finish the conversation.

I agree with mac which is why I continue to tell you to do more research on self communication. I believe it will help you immensely.

isabel mcdonald and Amore like this.
  13. ShingingLight1967

Yup.. Craig Hogan's self guided contact, which is free. There are others as well. Julia Assante has self guided advice in her book, James Van Praughn has a course on self guided contact. There are probably several others that I dont know about, free or not.

From the ones I have read/heard about, they all take work on our part. It's not a passive exercise, it is something that you must be actively involved with. Maybe that is my problem, that I dont really set apart the time nor the effort to communicate with him.

14. mac

That's the one I'd been thinking about but wasn't sure I remembered correctly....

As with most new learning, much time and effort probably need to be given and many don't have much time and may also not have the emotional and physical stamina.

Additionally, and I am speaking totally in ignorance of how the course pans out, I'd imagine that working by yourself, presumably with no-one to help and support and no-one to corroborate/check your results, could be tough going - especially so when you're still grieving.

But I emphasise those are purely my thoughts and I have no knowledge or experience of the course.

15. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I haven't tried the other self-guided connections mentioned, but Craig will help you. You provide him feedback and he works with you to let you know what you need to adjust to allow the unfoldments to occur. Timewise, in the beginning, I would spend about 2 hours total. This is from beginning to end - getting relaxed, starting the meditation, and completing the journal. Now I spend a little over 1 hour. Finding time to work on it can be challenging because of my very busy and active life but, it's worth it to me. Best wishes to anyone who heads in that direction.

16. ShingingLight1967

mac this is SPOT ON! and the best way to describe it. I can only speak for myself, but I think that is why I have expressed doubt about my experiences and why I have been to 3 different mediums, for validation of what I have been experiencing have been real.

And for me, I know that I felt that even after having such experiences either signs or a reading, it would lift me for a day and then I would come crashing back down hard with grief. It made me feel like I was just moving backwards and starting all over again with the acceptance that my husband is no longer here in body. I think where my brain was/is at that it gave me too much hope that I would see him-soon, and when that didnt happen, it would throw me into dark pit that I struggled to get out of for weeks.

I know that these experiences are to be comforting, but in all reality for me, they pushed me deeper into despair and grief. (I dont know if that makes total sense)

I literally had to put it away for awhile. I literally had to put any attempts at reaching him on the back burner until I can come to terms that he is not going to walk back through my front door. For me, I think I needed to work on the first reality before I could attempt to work on assimilating anything new with this subject.

Amore likes this.
  17. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

I kind of believe that the thoughts were (are) mine, but I sometimes wonder. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic when I think that they are from her.

I know what you mean about the silence, and I feel for you. Same here. From what I understand, the silence doesn't mean that they don't want to communicate with you, but they can't for some reason. I seriously doubt that you are forgotten about by him, but I understand your concern, and I feel your anguish from your words. From what I understand he loves you the same as before and is aware of your pain.

I wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.

isabel mcdonald likes this.
  18. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

No need to apologize to me. :) The infighting doesn't bother me as much as it does you -- in this case, I really don't even understand what the argument is about -- but you are correct when you say that I am "....looking and continue to look for evidence... concrete evidence that our loved ones survive death. We are broken and hurting and on a new path trying to find some absolute scrap of evidence that WE can trust and believe in that yes.. our loved ones survived".

milahanna and DenverGuy like this.
  19. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Nailed it!

20. milahanna

milahanna Member

This!