1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Fourth Medium Reading Today

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Jan 20, 2017.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Today I had a 2-hour session with a medium certified by the Forever Family Foundation. This was my fourth medium session. They have all been with different people (by phone). The first one delivered some accurate information.

Well, today I was really looking forward to it. I held one of my girlfriend's gloves during the session, and I had her photo with me and the box of ashes.

It was a total waste of time filled with generalizations, the overall feeling that there was no connection, and tons of irrelevant, frustrating, and wrong information. I hung up feeling crushed and very sad.

I don't understand how that stuff works. Once they know who we're trying to reach, why can't they just say that it's not working now if it's not, and that we should try again later, instead of all of the needless anguish and wasted time?

It's hard enough that we lose the most important person in our life. Why does it have to be so damn hard to communicate with them?

I don't know whether to go back to the first medium or not. The idea of cycling through new ones and going nowhere is not appealing. I hate to say it, but I also wonder if this is even real.

Sorry, today I feel more hopeless and lost than ever. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

2. milahanna

milahanna Member

I'm so sorry Denverguy. I wish I could offer advice but I'm facing the same struggle. I don't understand why it's so easy for some to reach their loved ones who have passed and then others, such as us, struggle. How many more times must we ask or visit a medium? I don't at all feel like he owes me a response but I'm hurting. I need him more than ever and I feel completely abandoned. The man I knew wouldn't let me feel this way so why is he? So many around me are getting signs and as a result experiencing great comfort. I'm just sitting her crying and wondering where he has gone and what's wrong with me.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I'm sorry and sad for both of you! To be frank, I went to about a dozen mental or spiritual mediums when I was doing basic afterlife research - a few of them very expensive - and I got so little from them that for more than a decade I basically thought they all were charlatans. And the worst part for me was all the garbage generalities! Who do these people think they're kidding? Then I met Susanne Wilson of Carefree, AZ, who in my opinion is the best spiritual medium on earth. She is consistently amazing! Unfortunately, she is no longer taking new clients for readings. However, the only one I tried fifteen years ago who seemed to me to be any good was Susan Sanderford, who seems still to be doing readings. Go to Susansanderford.com if you would like to check her out. I haven't been read by her lately, but I think I'm going to have to do that and see if perhaps I can recommend her!

4. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Hi Milahanna and Roberta. I wrote to the medium and she sent me a long response.

I started to read it but had to stop, as I am at work. I get too emotional. I did hear two things over the sad weekend that I wanted to share.

First, the biggest problem with this is the absence of his/her presence. Very accurate.

Second, I watched an Abraham Hicks video in which the speaker said something along the lines of: "When you imagine talking to the person you have lost, or are feeling a huge wave of grief, maybe that's coming from the other side!"

I never thought of that! It's comforting, if true.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

On another website where I'm a regular its owner had recently visited a medium in London, UK, someone reputed to be upcoming and reputable. She posted an account of her sitting and it made interesting reading, its outcome very much different from what's been related above/below. (depending on how your browser works)

I realize that doesn't help anyone in North America but it may illustrate that it's important to keep trying, and perhaps use someone recommended rather than just sticking a pin in a page. And do try to establish beforehand whether the practitioner is a psychic (medium) or a (spiritual) medium. Choose the latter for preference.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Mac, is this London medium doing readings for the public? If yes, will you please let us know who it is? Distance is no barrier to a reading by phone, and if she is good then I would love to include her on my recommendations page!

7. mac

I don't know the answer to that, Roberta and the medium's a guy.

I'll take a look later this evening to see if I can find out some more details but I may have to write to her to get them so it's gonna be tomorrow in the UK before she gets to read my message.

Leave it with me...:)

8. mac

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  9. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

Milihanna and DenverGuy...

I know I have discussed this before. I have had 3 readings last year with 3 different mediums. I know I have expressed my feelings on how my logical mind always tries to find the logical answer as to how these mediums have gathered information, that is truly just the way my mind works. But what I have to say.. is that the 3 mediums I have sat with have made me really think long and deeply about this entire subject.

I know that Susanne Wilson, who I had the pleasure of sitting with is not accepting new clients... But I do need to say that a reasonable priced and wonderful medium is Julia Assante. She is easily accessible, she is reasonable in cost and she does do readings to communicate with loved ones who have passed.

She was my first big reading, with a medium, and she is such a wonderful woman, she makes you feel at ease the minute she gets on the phone with you. Julia, hit on things that were so deeply personal between my husband and me, only 3 people knew about them. (me and my husband are included in that headcount) She also sends you an audio recording of your session, which is great, because you go back and review everything, which I think helps for the first time because the information flows so fast.

She also has a book that I recommend reading. http://www.juliaassante.com/ In our reading in if I remember correctly she discusses how extreme emotions actually can help in communications with our loved ones. Something that I have recently experienced was the emotional time I had with my wedding anniversary. As I lost it the night of our anniversary, I believe I distinctly felt my husband here with me, trying to comfort me as I was breaking down. It was just a very intuitive feeling and a minds eye seeing of my husband as he comforted me.

Roberta just did an interview with Julia on her podcast, and I suggest that you listen to it. It could very well give you some insight to maybe signs or communications that you are overlooking.

Rising and milahanna like this.
  10. georgek

georgek Member

With all due respect, why did you have three readings with three different mediums?

Or where you just wanting to make sure that you got to hear what pleased you?

Be careful.

Many of them are very good, and I could well be wrong.

Generally this is big business for many, and they are trained to work on subjects.
    If they make you happy.....then perhaps that is a good thing?

Just my thoughts.

11. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Good question, georgek. I did receive some information with the first reading. I wasn't sure if we should continue with the same one or not. I am checking into that. But yes, I am desperate for a connection.

12. georgek

georgek Member

What a joy to meet a reasonable person!
    I wish you well 'shininglight196'

There are some good ones out there, but an awful lot of bad ones who thrive on the suffering of others.

I have seen some who can even pick out every name in a family and pinpoint a person's workplace.
    The bad ones let the good ones down.

Just my thoughts and probably the last here...lol

13. mac

I don't speak for the original poster but surely a seeker likely goes looking for answers? If the answers aren't found by consulting one practitioner then she/he may seek out another, and perhaps yet another, practitioner. There's no telling how many it may take before the seeker is satisfied she/he has done enough. Hence it's perfectly understandable that one, two, three or more may be consulted. Anyone not in a similar position may be unable to understand why. That is understandable.

Caution may be advisable but there may be few choices and we may have to take a chance on who we consult. Money-making businesses abound in all walks of life and the maxim 'caveat emptor' applies to all.

If we're happy with what we get then who's to say we're wrong?

And if we're not happy then who has the right to question why we try elsewhere?

14. georgek

georgek Member

Agreed

15. mac

What? On every aspect? wow!

Amore likes this.
  16. georgek

georgek Member

Yes..because I am honest.

Crikey...this is in every walk of life.

If someone spends a fortune and gets the information they want, be it true or false and that makes them happy...are they capable of wanting to hear the truth if they cannot accept it?

Truth hurts mac......and people will not accept it anyway.

It means that they are not ready to accept.

People will like you, for being like them. It is what we call 'natural selection'
    There will always be discord in all walks of life.

I say:- "if that is what makes them happy and they are not hurting anyone...good luck to them, the fortune teller and his bank account and the client"

As your remark about 'reading people' make no mistake, I can see them by touching my screen if I want to.

17. georgek

georgek Member

Ooops HER bank account?

whatever

18. mac

You say you can read people by touching your screen if you want yet you couldn't quickly check and detect that Roberta is a woman???? Are you trying to insult my intelligence now?

19. mac

quote "People will like you, for being like them. It is what we call 'natural selection'
    There will always be discord in all walks of life."

Ain't no risk for me then! lol, lol, lol

20. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

Why did I have 3 readings with 3 different mediums?

I was going to post a response to this question, but backed off because I thought my response was a little harsh. so I edited my response. But in all honesty, I find it interesting that you are asking me why I had 3 readings with 3 different mediums when the original poster of this thread has also had 4 readings with 4 different mediums.

But the reality of the matter is mac is correct, I am looking for answers to so many questions. I am looking for confirmation that my husband still exists... somewhere. Because my husband died suddenly, I didnt get to speak with him the day he passed actually, I was looking to make sure he was OK, where ever he is at. I then had some many other questions, especially because we never had a final conversation. I was and still am looking for those answers.

Trust me, I understand that there are people out there that will take advantage of someone like me, in my position. But one of the first things that I did was my homework. Through this site, and several others, through books, through several other means I researched. Which is why it took 8 months before I had my first mediumship reading. For two mediums, I took the recommendations of people I trust, the 3rd my friend set up for both of us on a recommendation from a friend who is ALSO a medium on who to go to, who ended up being a recognized and vetted medium. I went to 3 to see if there was continuity between all the readings, meaning were there some aspects of the information that I received consistent. I wanted to see if experiencing a phone reading v. an in person reading are different and if the mediums would gather consistent information. I wanted to find answers.

Did it make me happy or did what I heard please me? I dont think happy or pleased are the correct words. Did it give me peace? Some. Did it provide answers? A few, but brought up a whole bunch more. Am I happy? No, because there are still so many questions I am trying to understand.

JCinTX, DenverGuy and milahanna like this.