1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Forgiveness and Love

Discussion in 'Roberta's Blog Posts' started by RobertaGrimes, May 6, 2019.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Posted by Roberta Grimes • March 23, 2019 • 20 Comments

Amazingly, this is the first decade in all of human history when we know for certain why the universe exists and why you and I are in these bodies. No mogul or king, no prophet through even the end of the twentieth century could have known what you and I know now. Had some of them known the truth, of course, human history could have been much better; but apparently that was all part of the plan. We come to earth to experience negativity so we can push against it and thereby grow spiritually, and Lord knows our history has been rife with negativity! In a reality without time, there are millennia now when people can incarnate into ignorance and pain in an effort to attain greater spiritual growth. And wonderfully, we are being told that at this point the plan is for us to learn how to elevate our personal vibrations to the point where we can raise the consciousness vibrations of this entire planet. We really can do that! Growing spiritually to the point where you and I need never come to earth again turns out to be an easy process.

Another thing that no one knew before the twenty-first century is the fact that Jesus is historically real, but His mission was entirely different from what Christianity has been telling us it was. And when we put together what Jesus taught with our fresh information about the nature of reality, we find that they fit together as well as if they had been one divine revelation. What I will share with you now is the easiest and most effective way to raise your personal consciousness vibration, to bring the kingdom of God on earth, to achieve greater personal happiness while here, and to make this your last earth-incarnation. It works so well that you can feel a substantial improvement within months, and you can achieve most of your spiritual development in as little as one year’s time! I have written an entire book on this topic, but for this series on the kingdom of God I will give you just a quick summary.

Understanding Our Task

What we are talking about is nothing less than transforming ourselves from the inside out. The way we think, the way we act, and every reflex that we ever have had: almost nothing can remain the same. The transformation required of most of us to materially raise our spiritual vibrations is so profound and complete that we must begin to think of the teachings of Jesus as mandatory! And He knew very well what He was asking of us. He said, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; transform your mind and believe in the Gospel” (MK 1:15). Those Gospel teachings are the easiest and the happiest process for raising our personal spiritual vibrations ever devised! I will give you this process as discreet steps, but while the steps should begin in order, it isn’t necessary for you to finish one before you start on the next. In fact, the first step is likely to be an ongoing process for the rest of our lives.

1) Learn all that you can about the afterlife and the greater reality.

The more you learn about what actually is going on, the easier it will be for you to inhabit the fact that your life is eternal. And really knowing that changes everything! Instead of the old “life sucks, then you die” way of viewing the world that has tended to be humankind’s default setting, you will start to see your life as ongoing forever and fundamentally joyous. You will stop focusing on meaningless temporal pleasures and begin to live in an eternal and essentially non-material frame.

2) Begin an active gratitude practice.

As is true of learning about the afterlife, developing a strong gratitude practice helps to soften your mind spiritually and better prepares it for transformation. I urge you to begin right now to keep a gratitude journal. For at least the next three months, spend ten minutes of every day writing down one new thing that you are grateful for, and why. For the first month or so this is pretty easy! But eventually you will be looking for reasons to be grateful even for mosquitoes and train wrecks.

3) Understand and master your ego.

Your ego emphatically is not you! It is a fear-based gremlin whose only purpose is to make you frantic to protect your body and to protect your ego itself, and you will shed your ego when your body dies. So inevitably your ego is going to die, and it makes you frantic about that, too. I think the ego likely is useful in childhood, but as an adult you don’t need it at all! And your ego will fight your spiritual development, probably because once you grow sufficiently it is going to shrivel and fade. For example, my own ego terrified me with worries that growing spiritually was going to lead to my final oblivion. Doing A Course in Miracles with a study group through the extinction of the ego might be the best way to squash it, but simply understanding what the ego is and refusing to give it mind-space also can work. Every fear that you ever experience is ego-based. So every fear is groundless! You are forever God’s best-beloved child, and once you have internalized that fact you will laugh at your ego’s petty fears.

4) Learn and practice prevenient forgiveness.

There is a big reason why Jesus emphasized forgiveness! Until you can forgive everything completely, you cannot love in the universal way that really raises your consciousness vibration. He said, “Do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also” (MT 5:39-40). “Love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return… Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful” (LK 6:35-36). “You are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (MT 5:43-48). So we are meant to forgive everything, no matter what, as if it never had happened at all! In fact, the whole secret to substantially raising your spiritual vibration is learning how to forgive right now every bad thing that ever will happen in your life.

While we are in bodies, we can access only a limited part of our eternal minds, and these earth-minds have three characteristics that especially fit them for rapid learning. Our earth-minds are lazy. They seek and take the easiest course. They quickly adapt. So if we rearrange whatever used to be their easiest course, they will take the new route without hesitation. And they operate largely by habit. Just as they learn how to operate our bodies or use a phone and then perform automatically, so they learn what is a threat to us. And when they are triggered by any threat, they summon the ego’s fears and rev us up to do battle, even if that stimulus is only socks on the floor, being cut off in traffic, a pissy attitude from a twelve-year-old, or a dear friend’s unjustified behavior.

Who teaches our earth-minds what is a threat? Why, we do, of course! So it is up to us to change their programming. Forgiving things after they have set off our defenses always will be a battle, but we can re-program our minds to stop perceiving stimuli as threats by spending a few months forgiving everything. Just, whenever anything happens or is about to happen that you know will set you off, quickly gather it up with sweeps of your arms and form it into a nice, tight ball. Include all the people, too! Then with both hands push that ball away as you say aloud, “I love you, I bless you, I forgive, and I release.” Do this two or three times for each threat at first, until your irritation goes away. Until your mind accepts the fact that you will no longer react to its nonsense. You are the one who taught your mind to be irritated by your mother-in-law, so it is your job to kill that programming.

And yes, once you have transformed your mind you will find that everything is equally forgiven.There was a woman whose son had been murdered, and once his killer was convicted she began to visit this young man in prison. When eventually he was released, she gave him a home and helped him to make a new start. Only when I had transformed my own mind did what she had done for her son’s murderer seem to me to be the easy and obvious response.

5) Understand and practice universal love.

A Course in Miracles tells us that “special loves” are as counterproductive spiritually as are “special hates.” As Jesus says, even tax collectors love their own families! The kind of love that matters spiritually doesn’t single out a few people as our beloveds, but rather it reveals to us that even the worst dregs of humanity are completely beloved and sacred in God’s eyes. Every human being must become equally our own beloved!

Looking For Signs of Spiritual Growth in Yourself

I first put this all together a decade ago. So I have been your guinea pig, and I was an excellent test subject! It is hard for me to remember now the way I was back then, but if I think about it I can make myself blush. Times when I was cranky with my husband and children, and even prickly with my poor mother who refused to believe I knew what I was talking about so she fought her dying to the end. Competitive driving. Snapping at store clerks. Playing into the petty squabbles of friends. I wasn’t worse than your average American, but for sure I was no better! But then in the summer of 2011 I set out to apply what I had been learning.

I first noticed a change in myself about six weeks into my new forgiveness practice. Something happened that should have set me off, but I felt no irritation at all; I told friends at the time that it was as if there had been levers on the outside that people used to fiddle with and make me crazy, but they had been disconnected now. When people fiddled with them, I felt just softness and peace. Then soon after that, I began to notice that everyone around me was a lovely person! Even strangers on the street. I loved everyone! It turns out that once you get rid of all that ego-based ballast by forgiving everything, your spiritual vibration begins to rise on its own. And this change in me has been amazingly self-reinforcing. Over the past two years I have been subjected to tremendous deliberately-inflicted stress, but I have had no trouble forgiving and loving all the perpetrators. It has been seven years since I last had to form a forgiveness ball. Dear beautiful friends, this works! And nothing else works so easily.

Seeing things coming together now and knowing we are watching God in action is a source of such absolute wonderment that to deeply think about it puts you into bliss! It is said that when the Buddha achieved enlightenment, what he said was, “I am awake.” And now you and I have been given the power to awaken just as he awakened. The power to live all that Jesus envisioned. The power to transcend and then transform the world! The hour is late, but it is not too late. Next week we will begin to envision what it actually will be like to bring forth the Lord’s long-promised kingdom of God on earth….

2. Highlander

Highlander Established Member

Thank you for this blog, Roberta. Much of what you've said resonates with me and gives me great peace. You provide a path for growth that seems true and easily implemented in one's life. I also learned a new word: prevenient. However, I'm not sure I could forgive some one who murdered a loved one.
    Aloha.

3. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

So please let me add my 2 cents in this thread. Disclaimer : Everything here is my opinion and not the truth.
    Begin an active gratitude practice.
    When i eat or drink or buy or give something or take something I pray and feel gratitude.
    God I am grateful because you have already gave me (what i want now) I imagine already having it already been given to me by god
    and feel gratitude to god and i also imagine yellow energy by the command of god imbuing the object. Therefore i bless the object
    and yes anybody can do this and it works for me as an example i bless cold beer to give me health and i do not get a cold from the cold beer.
    Understand and master your ego.
    You can use Franz Bardon black soul mirror technique and then banish that behavior and invoke a better behavior.
    Basically you catalogue all the flaws of your personality and everything that hold you back according to the element (fire,water,earth,air)
    and according to the severity and frequency of the flaw. Then after centering your mind you banish the behavior by denouncing it several times
    and then you endorse another behavior to replace it that must be better.
    Learn and practice prevenient forgiveness.
    You need to forgive yourself , you need to forgive all that have wronged you and you need to be forgiven preferably by changing behavior
    and then asking for forgiveness. ( yep not easy)
    Understand and practice universal love.
    I would speak of unconditional love love without strings but first you must love yourself fully totally and unconditionally you must love your body
    love your job love everything you are without caring about failure or old age or whatever. Before you also love yourself you must become aware of yourself
    say with meditation for the soul and practice like ritual bath and yoga for the body.

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Yes, but it turns out that you cannot even master loving other people in a universal way unless you first master prevenient forgiveness. At least, that has been my experience!

ChrisGreece and Kurt like this.
  5. innerperson

innerperson New Member

What a great post, as always. I was just sitting on the porch having a cup of coffee while trying to figure out why I am having such a hard time with a family member. I know I shouldn't. I know I don't want to feel this way. I just haven't been able to kick the judgmental thoughts around this person. I started thinking of all the ways I was grateful for having the person in my life. It is definitely helping a lot and I need to continue it. This post shows me I am on the right path. I am going to put this into overdrive with some of your suggestions and keep at it.

I appreciate all the time and effort you have put into helping us! Even when life gets hectic, I make sure to come back and visit to remind myself what is important.