1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

For those of you who are certain, what convinced you that there definitely is an afterlife?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by dan t, Mar 5, 2020.

1. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Mac, I meditate some, and it is important to accept what my helpers are trying to help me with, isn't it? For instance, it would not be good if they tell me something and then I turn around and listen to a friend who tells me something in complete opposition, would it? Kim

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Kim my response was specifically to what Flossie had said so it may not be applicable to your own situation.

My approach in respect of inspiration or advice from a discarnate source is always the same. Treat it with the same caution you ought to apply to advice from an incarnate one.

Put differently, heed your helpers' advice if their counsel in the past has been found dependable and provided any new advice is heard clearly and unambiguously. It means you have to start somewhere, though, before you're able to see how reliable advice actually was - a 'Catch 22' situation! :eek: I guess the watchword should be 'caution' whatever advice you get from whomever. Maybe initially you should try following advice about something not too important.

It's tempting to think that because you're hearing advice from a discarnate then that advice is automatically worthy of action. I'm not persuaded that's the case and/or that communication is necessarily clear. I think individuals ought to feel comfortable they're hearing accurately what's being communicated, always assuming their discarnate contact is able to transmit guidance clearly in the first place.

I expect if I were privileged enough to get advice from a discarnate source - but then hear opposing advice from a friend in this dimension - I'd be as confused as you might be. o_O

baob and kim like this.