1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

for Carol and Mikey please

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Apr 22, 2012.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I'm in touch with Carol, and I think it's likely that she will be returning before long. I'll let her know that you're thinking of her!

2. mac

mac senior contributor

thank you - She and Mikey brought a unique, modern view of the world of the spirit. I miss it and them in equal measure...

3. ChuckAnderson

ChuckAnderson Member

Thank you Roberta for talking with Carol.
    It will be nice to have her and Mikey with us again on our Forums.

4. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I just began reading their book and have been wondering the same thing. I'd like to find their original thread too...

5. mac

mac senior contributor

I can't see a way of accessing any of their postings from their 'Profile' page
    I'm guessing all their earlier postings and threads were archived and are presumably not on this website. I couldn't find any of their earlier posted contributions on their 'Profile' page and tabs.

Would this be any help? https://app.box.com/s/uk70t2vneu2ujz8jnzwi

Zac and Widdershins3 like this.
  6. Widdershins3

Yes! Thanks, mac. I'm not very familiar with the forum yet and I really appreciate you looking that up. The more I read of their book, the more I wish I could find that thread here where questions were answered, since I'm pretty sure many of mine would have been asked (aside from this thread, which I'm slowly making my way through). But that link you provided is great:) I'll finish reading through it as soon as I can, hopefully today.

For Roberta: have you written more about their information on the Other Side in any of your books? I'll soon begin reading "Liberating Jesus" but then will go back to books on the afterlife and I think I have another one of yours somewhere in my giant, tottering To Be Read stack.

7. mac

mac senior contributor

I'm glad the compilation is of interest. I can't remember who put it together (added - it was VainVessel) but I'm guessing the material was taken from various threads where Carol Morgan had conveyed Mikey's thoughts and ideas. Unless the archive of postings from the previous version of ALF can be retrieved (if it exists anywhere to be retrieved) then I fear all the early C&M postings/threads have gone the same way as many others.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Widdershins3 likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

I guess I'm confused. This thread goes back to 2012, which was when they joined us; it should contain all their questions and answers. I'm told that everything that was on the original ALF is here, so what do you all see as missing?

9. mac

mac senior contributor

Maybe there isn't anything, Roberta, but do you think every posting made by C&M over the years they were here are in this 'sticky' thread?

Because there are no posting/threads listed in their Profile it's hard to know if anything's missing but surely it wasn't only this thread they wrote in? It's not what I thought because it would have meant Carol didn't post a response in any other member's thread - surely that can't be or have I got it wrong?

I'm also surprised because I thought Carol was already a member here when I joined in 2011. Maybe not and I'm just mistaken. Presumably Carol's responses could be seen by viewing other members' threads? But the 'Members' tab at the top of the page appears to show only some of the members unless I'm mistaken and there were only ever the 20 listed on that tab.

I'm confused too....:eek:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  10. mac

mac senior contributor

I've just taken a looking at Carol's page and it shows she joined in May 2011. It also says 1679 messages but a check of the 'Postings' tab brings the message "This member does not have any content."

By comparison, on my own page, under the 'Postings' tab is a list of recent postings and at the bottom of the page another clickable link reads "Find all content by mac" and "Find all threads by mac." There are no similar links on Carol's page. On my own page it also shows I joined in December 2011.

It's a puzzle, isn't it? :eek:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  11. mac

mac senior contributor

As I'm a long-time retard senior with little better to do with his time I've been taking a look around this new website trying to decide whether it's a complete image of the old one or not. The only certainty I can find is that I'm unclear! It's a Rumsfeldian-type of conundrum; I feel there are things I can't find but I can't look for them as I don't remember exactly what they are! o_O

I do believe we had other active members over the past umpteen years but I can't find their postings because I can't recall their user names! :eek: I'm left with a sense that some stuff, perhaps much stuff, is no longer here on this website or is lost from view. It's undoubtedly the case in respect of the blogs that were lost when the old website foundered.

But in the grand scheme of things I don't suppose any of all that matters to the few members active here or the potentially-many lurkers in the background. Just as with boring photos of someone else's vacation to a place we've never been ourselves, who wants to be visiting that old stuff anyway? :D

12. RobertaGrimes

Mac, I was told when we had to move to a new hosting platform and to this more modern software that all the forum content came with us. We still show a total of thousands of members, but it may be that the post-counters on this site work only for members who have posted in recent months? If you go back and look at the older threads, you should find all the postings that ever were made... or at least, that is what I was told!

13. mac

mac senior contributor

OK I think I goofed! I've just looked at the forums individually and found there many pages of postings for each category. I could claim I was confused by the new website layout but more likely it's senility! oops! :oops:

14. mac

mac senior contributor

We just need to locate the blogs now, Roberta.... o_O

15. RobertaGrimes

Alas, I think the blogs are gone. The fellow who did the move for us (and wonderfully, and very quickly) doesn't believe that forums websites should include blogs, and I don't think this better version of blog software even has a way to add them. Few people seem to have cared about reading or posting in the blog section of the old site, anyway. But my blog is up on robertagrimes.com, at least! (Although I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks - I'm deep in writing another book).

16. mac

mac senior contributor

Yes I expected those blogs would have been lost. C'est la vie...

17. mac

mac senior contributor

Apologies for my 'dog-with-a-bone' approach but I needed (for me) to understand how this place is structured. :confused:

On the previous website's forums we were able to navigate from a member's profile page to view their postings on various forums, in different threads, a standard website feature. Hence a check on Carol and Mikey's page (for example) would have allowed one to follow a link to any thread in which Carol had contributed.

Now we have a brand new website, albeit one - I now realise - with a database of old postings going back to 2010 plus all the recent one. What we can't do, it seems, is navigate around the website as before but after looking through a selection of the forums' mass of old postings I can see the postings are still there.

I've not found a way to look back at C&M's early postings (for example) other than by working my way through each individual thread. Fascinating as it is to re-visit old threads, and remember members who have left, it's a slow business and probably not worth the effort unless it's to find something really important in some way.

If anyone does find a simpler way I hope they'll share it. :)

18. Gustavo Woltmann

Gustavo Woltmann New Member

Reading all your comments is really useful to me. I'm so glad to know about Carol and Mikey.

19. mac

mac senior contributor

You might also want to read Carol's book. :)

20. Widdershins3

Thank you, Mac, for your tenacity in locating posts and understanding the forum, since I was trying to figure it out too:) I'm finding the C&M Q&A the best way for me to catch up--thank you so much for that link!--but I'm also slowly reading through this thread too...in my copious free time (NOT!) :D Being a new member, I wasn't even aware that the board had moved. I'm just so grateful that Mikey's information, so generously shared, is preserved. I finished Carol, Roberta and Mikey's wonderful book this week and was yearning for more, so this was all well timed for me.

I'm finding answers to some of the questions I've had ever since my son died back in 1982. I had wonderful contact with him in a non-dream-like dream and then through a medium in Miami FL and a healer here in the San Francisco area during the first year after his death, but since then nothing. Which perplexed me and pretty much broke my heart. But after reading here, I've heard Mikey say how strong grief can block contact and I've remembered that it was in 1983-4 that I began to be very hard on myself for what I now see as my own selfishness and endless life drama while he was alive. It's as strong an emotion as my grief and, I think, even more negative.

So I'm now working on moving from guilt and remorse to a more compassionate view. And I realize that there were powerful lessons in this whole painful process, for me and for others. My hope is that, if I can just move out of my self-condemnation and into compassion for the severely abused young woman I was then, perhaps my son will be able to get through to me again. Mikey's given me hope.

Unexpected likes this.