1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

food and things

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

That makes me sad on multiple counts .... Your loss... Diminishing confidence in ideas.....

I try to maintain a healthy skepticism of Academia only because most of it nowadays is based off of profit and why is that bad? In order to make money they need to constantly *shock* us... (The moneymaking is accomplished as a result of them getting news coverage and all kinds of deals.... -magazine articles.... Interviews.... Books.... Seminars.... Etc. Etc.) Usually by playing flip flop with issues.

And it will be disproven in 5 yrs. Or so. NDP are consistent and observable... Unndeniably unexplainable by science.

No curveballs or october surprises.

I find it funny how academics like to parade around their research in goose step only to fully recant and repeat the process 5 years later.

Example?

X-------- is the worst thing in the world to eat!!! '05

________ is the healthiest food in history!!! 10'

--------- is like poison for your body!!! 15'

Im sure if you look hard enough it will be apparent in scientists studying death.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Take milk for example.....

80s, 90s, 00s, up until about august of last year was seen as great for you and now there are people trying to say it is horrible and the result of a political campaign from tge 70s (a actual nurse with a MA degree told me this) it will maje you fat and kill your stomach. Its UNNATURAL so they claim to drink milk....

Despite this, it has calcium (they say its bad for you all of a sudden) and protein (they dint even seem to know this) AND bodybuilders drink it regulary because of these....

But these goose stepping fools try to claim otherwise....

Of course not all of science is like this...

But when it comes to something where thet appear to have no solid evidence or a 90° turn has been made i ignore them.

I am 150 but match up with guys at 170. I attribute this to cooked and raw beef cooked meat and raw fish along with plenty of dairy.... (Nothing but protein all over what i listed)

3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Just my random contribution, but I’m a huge medium rare meat type of person. I’m also a huge cheese lover which strangely enough I was reading a study where it said that cheese contained addictive ingredients that mimicked opiates :confused: . That disheartened me for a few seconds as I’m willing to put cheese on just about everything I eat. I grew up in Italy when I was younger so I carried over some habits from there back to the states. But anyways, I’m still eating cheese till this day and refuse to give it up :D

That’s enough babble out of me though. I would say we need to get back on topic but there really was no topic seeing as though this is an introduction post from a member that’s already been here and we’ve already strayed off a bit. (Thanks Kurt as usual ;) )

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Lol!!

Ahhh... Those silly scientists at it again...

Uhhhhhhhhh(wavering) (wipes snot and snorts) ch ch ch cheese is like opium! OPIUM!! Itll kill you!!!

(400 million views on a youtube video chock full of adds later and a book deal..... The next person jumps up "WRONG"... Process repeats....)

Lol. Hey we have the same diet. I literally just made my first meal ever like 15 minutes ago. Heres a picture. Medium Rare flank steak rolled up in Feta Cheese and spinach with olives)

Attached Files:

5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Looked like something died on the plate Kurt :p

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I had to stab it with my knife just to make sure it was dead:D:p;)

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I’m pretty sure it still moved.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

@macwhat are your thoughts concerning distrust or skepticism of academia?