1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

First post

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Meblue, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Hi there, this is my first post. I have been lurking on here for quite some time and have read Roberta's books. I have been searching for answers for several years about what happens after we die. I am finding life to be very confusing and sad lately now that I'm getting older and have lost people. Everyone talks about the afterlife being so wonderful and how you are reunited with loved ones. I guess my question is what about turbulent relationships - there are quite a few people I have known whose families have been broken due to divorces. What about those situations where people can't stand each other - why would they want to reunite in the afterlife and how do they forgive each other?

2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

The answer to your conundrums is pretty straightforward and comes down to love.

If there's love between individuals, and if the individuals want to meet up with one another in the so-called afterlife, then that's exactly what they'll be able to do. :)

If the relationship failed in this life, and if the divorced couple didn't want to see or meet up with one another that's exactly how it would be. In the etheric dimensions, nobody will be forced to be with someone about whom they don't care.

Hope that helps.

bluebird likes this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Nicely and simply put Mac.

4. What about all the other people involved - kids, extended family. What if the kids never forgive the parents because of the divorce, but the parents still love the kids and want to be with them in the afterlife?

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Same answer - love will determine who is with whom..... And you can add into that mix the situation of soul-cells or soul-groups, spirits who journey with one another and become 'actors' in different relationships as human beings, experiencing and learning from those experiences but always with love for one another because they're from the same cell.......

The latter scenario is a harder one to fathom and requires that one understands more about the 'big picture' of incarnate life, corporeal death and our survival of it, what came before and what comes after. Plenty to think about there! :)

6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Welcome. I hope you stay.