1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally believing

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by doniker, Mar 3, 2017.

1. doniker

doniker Member

Hello everyone. I first posted on this Forum in 2012 to find answers because I was unsure if their was an afterlife. I had severe panic attacks about dying and being nothing forever.

I am an alcoholic. In 1989, when I was 25 years old, I started drinking everyday. I continued heavy daily drinking for 27 years (minus four months of sobriety in 2013). 129 days ago (10/24/2016) I finally quit drinking.

I currently attend 5 to 7 Alcoholic Anonymous meeting per week, every week, and I have turned myself over to the will of God. I am not going to make a long post about all the examples I have seen that God does exist - just saying that now that I am sober and now that I pray I have seen too many things happen that can not be just coincidences.

I do believe without a doubt that God exists and that their is an afterlife...all the fears I had about dying and being gone forever has left me.

Thanks for listening.

Unexpected and DarthT15 like this.
  2. mac

mac really-really-old member

I'd say that's a great result. :)

My cousin emerged from a similar period of time with an alcohol problem. It was four years ago when he stopped and he's just stopped seeing his counselor, something that helped keep him focused after the early months. I hope things work more quickly for you but please be prepared that things can take time.

In terms of life enduring I'm pleased to learn you've found what you needed. :)

doniker likes this.
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oh Doniker, I'm so glad that things are going so well for you! What a wonderful example you offer to others who also are searching and hurting. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story!

doniker likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Congratulations, doniker. :)

doniker likes this.
  5. Rising

Rising Member

Im so happy for you Doniker xx

doniker likes this.
  6. Arbutus Eric

Arbutus Eric New Member

Nice work assessing those "coincidences!"

That's a hard road you took to find yourself, but it will pay you back in your ability to understand addiction. Be watchful for opportunities to use that skill!