1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fictional universes and characters existing somewhere else ?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Dominum_Sui_Esse, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Dominum_Sui_Esse New Member

Interesting !
    I read somewhere that people experiencing out-of-body experiences (astral projection - is it the good words?) , they sometimes had the chance to go brievely in these universes ! But this is the kind of things that take a lot of time... I mean, you must be prepared for that, and it can take years and years ... But why not ?

Hardball likes this.
  2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

This reply you provided even brings familiar vibes!:) It fits right in with me going to Walmart this morning and eating lunch in Subway. It tunes right in with the total vibe of peace. :cool: I'm ready to start FLEXING!:cool::D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hmmm... the only earth-fictional universe that is reported to exist in our afterlife is the one created by Dickens. Apparently you can visit there and meet Miss Haversham. I have come strongly to suspect, though, that other realms based upon earth- fiction exist there as well, and as the author of five novels in a seven-novel series that are about to be reprinted all together, I harbor a hope that when I die I will be able to meet these people who are as real to me at this point as anyone else that I have ever known!

kim marine likes this.
  4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Something else is swirling in my mind. I was reading Deepak Chopra one day and he said that conscious light is blinking on and off so rapidly that we don't and can't detect it. During the NDE I went through I recall witnessing scenes of my life at such an infinitesimal speed that I didn't have any time to make an appropriate choice of how to handle the situation. I didn't know anything about what I know now so I just called it "God". The life I was witnessing at times was so bizarre and I was so confused. I told God that he was a lunatic and I hated his guts, and "to just send me to hell because it has got to be better than being here with you." I also told him that when and if I ever return to the earth I am familiar with I was going to tell everyone what a big fink he is. Now, the scenes have slowed down to earth speed and my whole attitude has done a 180 degree turn! He suggested that it would, but I didn't believe him AT ALL. It seemed like I had been with him FOREVER!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thank you. I (mostly) don't share your view on this, though I do somewhat understand the inclination to believe as you do, and I have occasionally had very strong reactions/attachments to fictional characters in books and films myself. Regardless, I really was/am interested in how you came to hold this belief you have, and I appreciate you answering my question. :)

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Does the collective consciousness include every life we have ever lived?

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I think it's important as we share our stories that we not mislead this website's visitors, so I probably ought to mention here again that those that we used to think were dead have repeatedly told us that God never takes human form. Instead, in NDEs upper-level beings will sometimes speak as if they were God, if that seems to be something that will help the experiencer. No harm done, since we all share a single consciousness anyway! But those in spirit want us to know that God is Spirit, and God bears no resemblance to fallible humanity.

8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, I see what you mean Roberta. I wasn't in my right mind when I said those things since it was when I was away from the body. But now, I am alive in all of the conscious vibrations of God and I see more clearly! I couldn't agree with you anymore that God is Spirit. I should have added that I was speaking to my guides, who I thought was God, but I got too caught up in the passion of the moment as I recalled the situation.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  9. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

The closest thing I know is from one of the Living Dead Man books, which had a figure which seemed like some kind of thought projection of the Germans in WW I. Robert Monroe similarly described running into a sort of Uncle Sam figure protecting Kennedy's dreams during an astral projection. There was also a weird scene where he rotated in place, and shook hands with himself, leading to an experience in what sounded like a sort of parallel earth. I leave it to you to evaluate the plausibility of all that.

10. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Dominum_Sui_Esse New Member

I'm pretty delighted that this thread works like this ! Thanks to everybody for their contribution, I've noted all your advices and will try my best to work on it ! :D

Hardball likes this.
  11. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Stick around - or look back at old ones - and you'll find that most threads work in a similar manner.

12. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Here's something else.

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I am so able to identify with what you said!!:) BUT, I do wonder, because I believe that what I see is projected from within me, so is my Higher Mind doing the projecting and I'm doing the experiencing and learning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.