1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Fictional universes and characters existing somewhere else ?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Dominum_Sui_Esse, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Dominum_Sui_Esse New Member

You know, it's been hard for me in a first time to be able to discuss of the notion of life after death with other people. Like it's probably been for you too.

There were rejection and there always will be, I know that. It's the deal. By writing this topic, I completely accept that there will be ideas close to mine and ideas not close to mine, this is exactly what I said in my message. I'm also in my right to say that I can feel angry or sad, or disappointed when I always see the same answers and the same rejections. I'm not talking about this forum but many others I saw before. And those people are obviously also in their rights to have others beliefs, they are in their rights not to think like me.

We're all free to claim what we want to claim. Like you said, don't worry about that, I'll always defend this idea and I'm aware of all the difficulty it will imply.
    Even if I won't be taken seriously, that's not a problem. I'll keep on trying

I hope we can now come back to the subject. I would be delighted if someone could tell by chance if he or she knows a book who approaches the idea of the existence fictional universes and characters in other levels in the afterlife.
    If someone has any trails, any tiny thing that can be interesting to share, I'm open.
    Anyway, thanks to everybody for their contribution and for their answers !

2. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

I'm still waiting to hear from you in detail. Maybe you're just looking for folk who don't challenge what you have to say?

Have you tried here? http://psiencequest.net

3. mac

no, never

agreed

agreed

You suggested how frustrated you are about this, though. And I'm still waiting to hear what you have to say...

I'd like you to just say what the subject actually is!

ah - that's what you're looking for!

4. Dominum_Sui_Esse

I'll also check this forum ! Thank you for the link. But it will be interesting to have other people point of view here. I think by making this topic, I made a first step to that subject.

If you really didn't understand what was my message, please read again my first message on this thread. I tried my best to explain.
    I don't know how I can write things all is clear in my first message.

Thank you for the link you gave to me. I'll give you a feedback, thank you very much !

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

So, we are limited by this physical reality, right? But, thankfully, we won't be living here forever! Are there times when this reality seems to weigh on a soul more heavily than other times perhaps to strengthen us? To me, this reality is physical and seemingly separate because it contains all the vibrations of consciousness and how we use those vibes to govern our lives is congruent with the vibes of the plane where we will exist eternally or until we get a desire to mature. Does that sound feasible?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Dominum_Sui_Esse,

Let me ask you this -- why is it that you believe fictional characters exist in some more "real" (for lack of a better word) way, in a way beyond that in which good fiction (and the characters created by good authors) lingers in our minds long after finishing the books in which they appear?

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Do you believe we created this life before we entered this dimension? But we've forgotten about it and therefore don't allow ourselves to see the light at the end? Maybe because we let this world dominate our thoughts? It is just that things were so up for me when I joined the forum and within the last couple of days certain little things have happened in my life that draw me down. It can just be the smallest thing I experience in daily life. We just had a snow storm, and my car got stuck in the driveway. A neighbor helped my son get it out of the snow. That gave me vibes. Movies, particular actors and TV shows give me vibes. Computers available in public libraries give me vibes. I did use them a lot (although I am using a computer at home now). Eating lunch at a certain restaurants arouses familiar vibes in my mind. Where I get my hair cut gives me familiar vibes.........It is endless. I watched the movie 'Some Like It Hot' quite a while ago because I wanted to see Jack Lemmon when he was young. I saw a movie he was in his late 60s and I wanted to see a younger Jack. When I viewed the movie, I got familiar vibes as though I had seen it before. Then to top it all off, I think Jack Lemmon died in 2001, when I heard about his death I had an uncanny sense of grief as though I had lost a personal friend.

8. mac

my pleasure - I think there may be members with similar interests

In your first posting you wrote: "There are many stories created with such strenght... Many creators have the feelings that their characters "talk to them"and they give so much precisions about their universes that it can't just be the result of someone's imagination. And what if we were the result of someone's imagination.
    I have many things to tell about it but first I want to have your opinion, and maybe if someone can give me some trails, tell me if there are books telling about this idea.
    I tried to talk about this in an other forum, but it's quite difficult to have exchanges on that subject.
    Life after Death is not absurd, why would this be ? Would fictional universes and characters somewhere ? In the afterlife ?"

You've asked for opinions after which you say you have many things to tell - I'm still waiting. When you say what you have to tell I'll respond. From the name of this website you should be aware that life-after-death is its primary focus. Let me give you a lead. How would fictitional characters figure in a life-after-death scenario?

9. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Well, it came to my mind when I realised the traces that these universes are too strong to be just fictive. I remember I had a powerful discussion with a friend after we watched the movie "Edward Scissorhands", he had a little tear at the end of the movie. And I asked him: "Do you realise that even if it's fictive, you are moved by this story. Have you thought this could be real somewhere else ?" He answered: "I don't believe in such things... but who knows?..."
    I had a friend of mine who read a novel. He told me he was so moved that he cried. He really cried and he naturaly told me: "Sometimes, I have the feelings that these characters are not just made of imagination and ink in a paper."
    So... Who knows ? In the afterlife, it's possible to approach other universes where these characters could be ? Who knows? just a possibility ? I'm not certain of that but I just think... and why not ?

kim marine likes this.
  10. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Hardball likes this.
  11. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Interesting !
    I read somewhere that people experiencing out-of-body experiences (astral projection - is it the good words?) , they sometimes had the chance to go brievely in these universes ! But this is the kind of things that take a lot of time... I mean, you must be prepared for that, and it can take years and years ... But why not ?

Hardball likes this.
  12. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

This reply you provided even brings familiar vibes!:) It fits right in with me going to Walmart this morning and eating lunch in Subway. It tunes right in with the total vibe of peace. :cool: I'm ready to start FLEXING!:cool::D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hmmm... the only earth-fictional universe that is reported to exist in our afterlife is the one created by Dickens. Apparently you can visit there and meet Miss Haversham. I have come strongly to suspect, though, that other realms based upon earth- fiction exist there as well, and as the author of five novels in a seven-novel series that are about to be reprinted all together, I harbor a hope that when I die I will be able to meet these people who are as real to me at this point as anyone else that I have ever known!

kim marine likes this.
  14. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Something else is swirling in my mind. I was reading Deepak Chopra one day and he said that conscious light is blinking on and off so rapidly that we don't and can't detect it. During the NDE I went through I recall witnessing scenes of my life at such an infinitesimal speed that I didn't have any time to make an appropriate choice of how to handle the situation. I didn't know anything about what I know now so I just called it "God". The life I was witnessing at times was so bizarre and I was so confused. I told God that he was a lunatic and I hated his guts, and "to just send me to hell because it has got to be better than being here with you." I also told him that when and if I ever return to the earth I am familiar with I was going to tell everyone what a big fink he is. Now, the scenes have slowed down to earth speed and my whole attitude has done a 180 degree turn! He suggested that it would, but I didn't believe him AT ALL. It seemed like I had been with him FOREVER!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  15. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thank you. I (mostly) don't share your view on this, though I do somewhat understand the inclination to believe as you do, and I have occasionally had very strong reactions/attachments to fictional characters in books and films myself. Regardless, I really was/am interested in how you came to hold this belief you have, and I appreciate you answering my question. :)

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Does the collective consciousness include every life we have ever lived?

17. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I think it's important as we share our stories that we not mislead this website's visitors, so I probably ought to mention here again that those that we used to think were dead have repeatedly told us that God never takes human form. Instead, in NDEs upper-level beings will sometimes speak as if they were God, if that seems to be something that will help the experiencer. No harm done, since we all share a single consciousness anyway! But those in spirit want us to know that God is Spirit, and God bears no resemblance to fallible humanity.

18. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, I see what you mean Roberta. I wasn't in my right mind when I said those things since it was when I was away from the body. But now, I am alive in all of the conscious vibrations of God and I see more clearly! I couldn't agree with you anymore that God is Spirit. I should have added that I was speaking to my guides, who I thought was God, but I got too caught up in the passion of the moment as I recalled the situation.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  19. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Member

The closest thing I know is from one of the Living Dead Man books, which had a figure which seemed like some kind of thought projection of the Germans in WW I. Robert Monroe similarly described running into a sort of Uncle Sam figure protecting Kennedy's dreams during an astral projection. There was also a weird scene where he rotated in place, and shook hands with himself, leading to an experience in what sounded like a sort of parallel earth. I leave it to you to evaluate the plausibility of all that.

20. Dominum_Sui_Esse

I'm pretty delighted that this thread works like this ! Thanks to everybody for their contribution, I've noted all your advices and will try my best to work on it ! :D

Hardball likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.