1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Fictional universes and characters existing somewhere else ?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Dominum_Sui_Esse, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Dominum_Sui_Esse New Member

All is in the tittle.
    There are many stories created with such strenght... Many creators have the feelings that their characters "talk to them"and they give so much precisions about their universes that it can't just be the result of someone's imagination. And what if we were the result of someone's imagination.
    I have many things to tell about it but first I want to have your opinion, and maybe if someone can give me some trails, tell me if there are books telling about this idea.
    I tried to talk about this in an other forum, but it's quite difficult to have exchanges on that subject.
    Life after Death is not absurd, why would this be ? Would fictional universes and characters somewhere ? In the afterlife ?
    Thank you in advance for your attention and your answers...

Hardball likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

no need for caution here - welcome to ALF and please say your piece

3. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Thank you for your fast answer. I really would like to have people advices here on that subject first. There are many fictional universes and characters that contribuate to help us, to gude us. And sometimes it's more than juste a little thing. It really means like other "real" things live. Excuse me if my english sounds a little confused or mumbled. I would be delighted to read you all in this topic.

4. mac

Your English is just fine but why not start a particular topic yourself? Then members can begin to respond to what YOU have to say. One topic at a time makes it easiest for all of us.... :)

5. Dominum_Sui_Esse

OK. I made a first one where I introduced myself and this one to enter to the subject. I know there are some forums where you can't post anything before introducing yourself.
    And the particular topic is just here, where we talk right now. I don't what else I can do.

6. Dominum_Sui_Esse

I say these universes and characters may exist in an other level (I don't know what is the good word).
    It's all about the existence of this fictional universes and characters. I read on the topic that had been closed that people thought it was just a representation you can create but that will never be able to exist. What do you think about that ?
    Feel free to tell me if I don't express things correctly.

7. mac

There are no such restrictions here.

8. mac

which topic? where?

9. mac

I don't subscribe to two of the three notions described....

10. Dominum_Sui_Esse

Interesting answer !
    Just to give you an example. Imagine a book you've read. The story, the characters, the ambiance... everything makes you feel they are real. You think to yourself: "This can't be just a imagined story, it must exist somewhere else!"
    Is it possible ?
    The few I read on that subject were that people (the same people who believe in the afterlife) thought that all is fictive here on earth can be represented on the afterlife like some kind of holograms. The characters can be represented as a picture, as a figure but can't be "real" elsewhere.

The notion of afterlife, reincarnation, astral projections are facts those people believe in and they don't believe on the possibility fictional universes and characters could exist somewhere else...

And I'll go further... Is it possible to reach in a many ways these universes like in astral projections ? or something else ?

11. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

As a writer, I can tell you that yes, it can just be the result of someone's imagination, and often is. That's the wonder and beauty of the human imagination.

This doesn't mean that the idea you presented is necessarily invalid, just that at the very least, it is not always the case.

12. mac

nicely put, bb :)

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

All is fiction here on earth. I believe we are represented as holograms here on earth. If mankind is able to capture light waves by the use of a camera snapshot and create that image on a film why wouldn't Consciousness be able to refine the waves of Conscience and develop a 3 dimensional image out of nothing or on a dark plane? A meaningful piece of art is not created by using only light; a little bit of darkness is needed or there would be no depth.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  14. mac

I changed the words of your first sentence a little. That done I could totally accept what you've suggested there. ;)

The rest not so much! :D

15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you, that is a much better way of saying what I meant to say!:)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  16. mac

17. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

:) thanks.

18. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I believe that living here is as though we are the actors, and it is as though a film is rolling in our minds'. If we desire we may edit any scene when we experience while we are viewing any particur clip of the film.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  19. Dominum_Sui_Esse

You are the only person I've "seen" in the internet thinking exactly the same ..... Thank you for your message !
    I think it's so absurd from people who believe in such great things not to even think of the possibility that there could be an existence of fictional universes and characters.... You can't imagine how angry I can be when I read in some forums people saying exactly this: "Oh yes, there are multiverses of anykind ! Yes, you keep on living after your death ! Oh yes there are no limits in the afterlife !.... But... What ? The fiction? Oh come on, it's bullshit, there are limits: imagination, fiction, fictional characters.... all of this is illusion !" (It's summarized in a rude way but the content is the same)

But I think it's the deal... By writing this topic, I know I'll get answers from people like you who really believe in it... and others answers of people trying to tell me gently that it's an illusion.... That's the deal... But it can be very frustrating that this subject is so rejected ...

20. mac

And they probably think it's absurd of you to suggest there is. It doesn't make either party wrong or right though. But it appears to me that you're conflating evidence of continuous life and fantasy borne of of imagination.

Why become angry about it? If you're confident about your ideas then state, support and defend 'em. It's what I've been doing for decades. I'll support what I maintain about life 'in the beyond' so let's hear you supporting what you claim about whatever you actually are claiming....

What's the deal?

You'll also get answers from folk wondering what you're going on about and some will challenge you to explain yourself clearly so they can access the points you're making. Right now I'm struggling to understand what those points actually are....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.