1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Family Tree

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Cassie, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Hello I hope I'm posting this in the right place! I had such an unusual experience this week that I'd like to share. I've been researching family trees for the past 5 years, and have increasingly felt that for each one I've worked on, someone in spirit has helped me. In 3 cases it has been clear to me who the person is, and their help has enable me to find family tree information in ways beyond my brain power!

I have just completed the paternal family tree for my someone's 70th birthday present, and in this instance felt that it was his 2nd great grandfather William who was helping me. On the night I finished printing this tree off (it was a rush job for the birthday) I was just getting into bed and "saw" William, as a young man - but easily recognisable from the photographs I have of him in later life. He winked, smiled and nodded, as if to say "we DID it!" I saw him for only seconds, but so very clearly.

Now I am working on the paternal side of the same family tree and have felt that I'm getting help with this too but in a more subtle, distant way then previously. On Sunday I found that a great uncle lived and worked at a stately home in 1911. Again just as I got in to bed that night I clearly saw a marble bust on a plinth. It slowly turned until I could see the profile of a mans face, the most noticeable thing being his large ginger moustache! It made me giggle and I couldn't imagine what that was all about. On Monday morning I looked up owners of the stately home out of interest. I had to do a bit of research to find that they were living at another home in central London at the time of the 1911 census, and were a very well known family of art dealers who had a gallery in Bond Street, London. This was intriguing and looking into their history I found paintings of them both, and to my amazement the gentleman had a ginger moustache exactly the same as the one I saw on the marble bust! I can only think this gentleman is helping me even though he is not actually related to the family I'm researching, and identified himself by his very unique and recognisable moustache!

Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy story. I'd be very interested to know if anyone else has had help from spirit with work on family trees.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

This is the most intriguing story I have read on here. Ever. You have just earned a follower.

3. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Thank you!

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not pulling the focus towards me but the ginger moustache made me smile.

Some years ago, when I was still relatively fresh to this spooks stuff, a spirit communicator told me through a medium friend: "You'll know me by my moustache." I couldn't place the individual but years later a distant cousin living in Oz visited with my mother. He'd been taken there from the UK as a child during the big emigration in the sixties.

I didn't actually meet him but later my mother showed me a letter from him along with some photos - he was into genealogy and researching from Oz our family in the UK. He'd sent some family photos, one of which showed an even more distant relative with a magnificent handlebar moustache. Straight away I felt drawn to him remembering the communicator who'd told me I'd know him by his moustache - it seemed he'd been talking about a future time!

I wrote to my cousin in Oz offering to help with his research and when he replied he told me that the bushy handlebar moustache was a striking ginger one, very distinctive and one my distant relative was very proud of. :)

All coincidences?

Paul Guthrie, Kurt and Cassie like this.